Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good bivvy spots in the Peak district?
  • piemann
    Free Member

Hi all.

Who's bivvied in the Peak then?

Where's a good place to kip down for the night that's close to Ladybower? Other suggestions also welcomed.

Oh, and were you able to get a fire going at all?

Thanks,

Pie.

slowrider
    Free Member

hopefully matt_outandabout will spot this and give you some tips, he gave me some good ideas. nto used any of them yet though!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I've bivvied at Derwent Edge. Great spot, great views, and start the day with a great descent (in either direction). A bit exposed but there are plenty of nooks and a few crannies you can shelter in. You could have a small fire but we didn't bother.

scruff
    Free Member

I know where I'd go- it has a stone chair not far from a 'monstrous' trail.

thefallguy
    Free Member

We ran out of light whilst searching for a 'good' bivvy spot (too long in the pub), we were aiming to use the woods above the cobbled bw as you head from the water to Whinstone Lee Tor, but they were too overgrown, ended up just a little way off the BW below Derwent Edge. To say the choice was forced on us, it was surprisingly sheltered and flat, made for a fun first section in the morning.

piemann
    Free Member

Scruff, you've whetted my appetite. I'm guessing you mean the "beast"… Where's this stone seat at?

If anyone can provide map locations, that would be really useful.

Thanks,

Pie.

joemarshall
    Free Member

One tip, if you're bivvying in the woods round there, and it isn't a windy day, you will get eaten alive. I spent a couple of nights up in the woods in a hammock, the first night was fine, the second I was getting so eaten that I ended up moving to be on top of a hill instead.

Joe

doughnuthead
    Free Member

have a good bivvy… but don't start any fires on derwent edge-the ground's all peat and the fire can burn under ground for days causing a lot of damage, even if you think you've put it out

matt_outandabout

pieman – drop me an email- I know a couple of goodies 8)

matt_outandabout AT hotmail.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good bivvy spots in the Peak district?’ is closed to new replies.