Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Going tubeless…..
  • mcboo
    Free Member

New bike arrived with Mavic tubeless wheels and tubeless ready tyres.

Came with 2 sets of these but without the silver coloured stem.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17697

Can someone tell me what all this does, and do I need to get myself a couple of stems? Am just about to order some NoTubes sealant and Injector. Anything else I need to think about? Ta

Android
    Free Member

From the review further down the page…

if youre wondering what all the gubbins is, from the stem clockwise: stem, with removable core; three’O’ rings; dust cap; schraeder valve adaptor; valve core removal tool; schraeder dust cap; valve stem locking/retaining ring. Everything you need, all top quality very well finished and packaged with full instructions. given that the schraeder valve adaptor is included( makes the initial fit a dodle at the garage, just be careful!) this kit represents top value too. Oh and my kit came with an adaptor for rims with an offset drilling for the stem too.

mcboo
    Free Member

I saw that, doesnt answer my question though chap.

njee20
    Free Member

Came with 2 sets of these but without the silver coloured stem.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17697

Can someone tell me what all this does, and do I need to get myself a couple of stems? Am just about to order some NoTubes sealant and Injector. Anything else I need to think about? Ta

Are you saying it came with valve kits, but without the valves!?

They’re rather useful certainly…

A pair of those and some Stan’s sealant should suffice yes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You have 2 sets of valve caps and also a shraeder converter – the converter screws around the valve stem to convert it from a presta to a shraeder?

Are the valve stems in the wheelset already? if not you have been short changed?

If you have no valves – search the box and inside the tyres etc? If not go back to the retailer?

Android
    Free Member

As above sounds like the bike shop owe you a pair of valves.

I bought a Trek EX8 which came with Bontrager Rhythm “Tubeless Ready Rims” which I took to mean get a pair of tubeless ready tyres and put them on. However I then found out I needed to fit a rim strip, which took weeks to come into stock. I was pretty surprized by this as I had bought some Bontrager Rhythms a couple of years previously for my old bikes and they already had the strips fitted at manufacture, so make sure you dont need a rim strip as well when you are getting the valves.

mcboo
    Free Member

Yeh maybe I need to dig around, see if there are valves in there somewhere.

Oh and dont go away people, in my bones I know this aint going to be easy, am going to need help from these parts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Going tubeless…..’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM