Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)
  • Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Some comedy moments in this video, would watch again A+++++++++ 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUY2zdHevX0[/video]

matty456
    Free Member

Nice, conditions looked a bit of a nightmare. Will be riding cutgate in new year! Hopefully just after a bit of a freeze to dry things up a bit.

shortcut

Gnarly

TheSanityAssassin

Looks a bit too gnarly for your average mincecore-lite XC gnarpoonerist. More yellow and turquoise required for a successful Enduro assault, I reckon.

shinsplints

🙂
    Do you think he thought it was gnarly ? I can’t tell
    LOL

martinhutch

Just watched with the sound off. Am I missing some entertainment?

Line choice at 3.30 is the kind of thing that I do. 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

What the hell was he going on about? It just looked like a braided pile of crap to me.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

He has to be on STW…which one of you was it?

matt_outandabout

Someone having a great day. 😀

tmb467
    Free Member

To be honest, that line choice at 3:30 is actually the fastest way down

He just bottled it 🙂

benji
    Free Member

When has an armoured path ever been gnarly 🙄

scotroutes

I love videos like that. They remind me that I’m not as much of a mincer as I think I am.

tmb467
    Free Member

It’s not armoured

There’s some slabs at the top, near the water table, reminiscent of how the old pack horse trails were laid out and some waterbars on the last descent but other that it’s all natural

JCL
    Free Member

All natural/f**ked!

dannyh
    Free Member

He’d do a lot better if he stopped rabbiting so much.

Which one of these two was it, though?

Makes me feel a lot better about my mincing, though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Time to shred woooooo

😆

buck53

Sounded like he was enjoying himself immensely, imagine the story that turned into in the pub that evening!

breadcrumb

No way could I give a running commentary on the way down anything remotely technical. Or even gnarley. Unless I just minced down it of course

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Thank God I know what gnarly means now!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Well that demonstrates very nicely how trails get trashed.

“Oh, I’ll ride on the grass, not on one of the 25 existing other lines created by other numpties who also can’t be arsed to ride the existing lines”

…and we’re then all up in arms when a “classic trail” gets sanitised, despite the fact that we’re as responsible for the damage as any other user group

As for the mincing on any of the mildly technical bits. 🙄

Bluntly, and as has been pointed out on here many times before. If it’s even slightly wet, stay off Cut Gate. Fine in midsummer, fine if its frozen, the rest of the time – just let it be.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

😆

I’ve had plenty of those “shitshitshit gonna die!” moments meself – horrendous looking conditions but he seemed to be enjoying himself – good on ya, sweary Northern dude.

Obviously he now needs to be flamed for not manualling casually through every section (or Mincing as I believe the pro’s say) and not always hitting the “correct” line 🙄

butcher

Someone having a great day.

Aye, put a smile on my face, that did. Couldn’t give a monkeys chuff how he rides his bike, he seems to be having more fun than most 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In his defense that footpath at the end (3:10) where he goes straight on is really REALLY REALLY steep. And he was going fairly quickly up until the water bars, it’s not the easiest trail to keep speed up on as until that point there’s not a huge gradient so you’ve got to pedal and it’s all narrow and a challenge keeping it in the rut/line.

showerman
    Free Member

get some 200mm discs then be rad and gnarley

jools182
    Free Member

I’m saying nothing about his riding because I’m about the same level 🙂

No excuses for gnarly, shred and booya though

jackthedog
    Free Member

I watched the whole thing and laughed the whole way through. It captures what biking is about. Fun. That guy’s certainly having plenty.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thank God I know what gnarly means now!

I think it means the same as “Smurf”, going by how much he says it.

Well that demonstrates very nicely how trails get trashed.

“Oh, I’ll ride on the grass, not on one of the 25 existing other lines created by other numpties who also can’t be arsed to ride the existing lines”

…and we’re then all up in arms when a “classic trail” gets sanitised, despite the fact that we’re as responsible for the damage as any other user group

As for the mincing on any of the mildly technical bits.

Bluntly, and as has been pointed out on here many times before. If it’s even slightly wet, stay off Cut Gate. Fine in midsummer, fine if its frozen, the rest of the time – just let it be.

You realise you could’ve written all that on his YouTube comments?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

“The things we do for the passion, were gonna die, oooooooooh f****** ”

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed that, and yes, he was a bit mincey compared to some of the videos we see on here. He still rode loads more of it than I did last time I was there though! 🙂

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Oh. I’m not that mincecore, then. 😀
    Lad were having fun, can’t knock him for that.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Good for him, glad he’s enjoyin himself.

tymbian
    Free Member

Is that “Cutgate pass?” I wouldn’t mind giving that a go..where about is it?

maxtorque

Enjoyed that! Great entertainment! I think STW should club together and buy the guy a weeks holiday somewhere proper gnarly (love to hear him attempt the infamous “La Varda” trail in les Arcs for instance…. 😉

tomhoward

I want to see him do the mega 😈

ninfan
    Free Member

have just tweeted that video to Derbyshire council highways department to let them know how it needs resurfacing immediately.

maxtorque

tomhoward
    I want to see him do the mega

^^^^ This! Lets buy him an entry next year 😉

hora
    Free Member

Why would you ride it after rain? C-

neilthewheel

Loved that!

matty456
    Free Member

I would just like to say after originally watching this with the sound off! It puts it into a totally gnarly perspective with the sound on! 🙄

jam-bo

You sure this isn’t warner taking the piss? Sounds like one of his World Cup commentary runs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…’ is closed to new replies.