Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giro Switchblade
  • hainman
    Free Member

Has anyone used or using the Switchblade?seems a belter of a price on merlin for it just now and considering it as a gift from the wifey/kids

bigfoot
    Free Member

i’ve got one, only used it 4 times but it seems ok. never used it without the chinbar, got it as i needed a full face in a hurry and it was the only one in the shop that fitted.
    worn it at 2 enduros and was fine to leave on for the whole event without getting to hot on the climbs, they weren’t in the middle of summer though so not sure what it would be like on a really hot day.
    only issue i had was as i lifted up the visor between stages to put my goggles under it the movement loosened one of the visor bolts and i never noticed until it had gone. need to remember to occaisianlly check the bolts are tight.

ehrob

I really like it. Without the chin bar it’s a bit warmer than a normal helmet, which isn’t exactly a surprise. But it’s manageable.

When descending it’s really well ventilated. Takes a bit of practice to fit the chin bar but it’s really nice having the flexibility.

StuE
    Free Member

Bit of a bugger to get on and off and not the lightest of helmets but I do like mine

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes, use it for big (consequence) days, some uplifts and enduro. Yes it’s a bit awkward to get on and off, easier if you undo the head cage though and retighten , chin bar takes practice without removing the lid too and it’s easy to get wrong.

Overall though it’s in the mix for the removable chin bar lids… the bar as it’s doesn’t have the flappy bits of the Bell fits better to bag straps or under bib straps

rotary
    Free Member

I have one, it fits well and I like the proper chin strap. It feels really safe. It is warm on sunny days but that’s the compromise you get for having a smaller detachable chin bar.

orangespyderman

I have one too. All of the above. Decent helmet, IMHO.

hainman
    Free Member

Good to know every rated it
    I don’t ride any Enduro races and don’t ride a lot of DH but I ride a fair amount of Steep techy stuff and last year had a belter of a crash resulting in a fractured cheek bone and smashed eye socket and now have a big of the fear when riding fast with just my trail lid and seen this on Merlin cheap and thought it could kill two birds with one stone

Have a met parachute but it’s nog the comfiest although very light

The Giro looks really good and a sturdy helmet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giro Switchblade’ is closed to new replies.