Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giro Hex of Fox Flux
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

needing new helmet, narrowed it down to Giro hex at £39 or Fox Flux at £42 both in sale and not many left!
    the flux looks a bit bulky maybe?
    Any help and coments welcome

Jamesy
    Free Member

You really need to try them on. i have a hex and its brilliant. fit is perfect its 3 years old now and looks a bit battered so thinking of replacing. tried the flux and it just didn’t feel right. So Will be buying another giro

orangeman5
    Free Member

I have the flux and it’s the best helmet i have ever worn, fits like a glove and well vented.Good price aswell.

Northwind

I’ve had both… Flux is pretty bulky, but I prefer it by miles. Strap system isn’t as good as the Hex… TBH it’s all a bit badly execured, Hex has better attention to detail, but the Flux’s coverage is better and it really feels securely wrapped on, unlike the Hex that always felt sat on top of my head and strapped round it rather than under it. Not that this was a problem but it did mean with lights or cameras on it, it was less stable , and would no doubt move more in a crash.

What wrote my Flux off was having 35lbs of bike land from a height on the back of my head after a crash- bashed the bottom in quite nicely, hit me hard enough I could barely get up. And comparing where it hit, I reckon the bike would have almost entirely missed the helmet and just whacked me in the head instead. So, yay flux!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have both, the straps on the Flux are not quite as easy fitting as the Hex but in real life the only thing you’ll really notice is that the straps are a good way from your head so your riding specs will have to go underneath them.
    Flux is wider and has a more rounded profile, whether it suits you is up to you!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Fluxes are much better built than hexes. A few months of stuffing the lid into rucksacks at uni saw the retainer break on my old hex. The flux has well outlasted it.
    The Flux is rounder and heavier, but has better coverage.
    One annoying thing though is the chin strap always works itself loose.

Vader
    Free Member

i have an ealier flux and although the fit is good and it is super protective it is way to hot and heavy for me. On a long climb i would always take it off unless it was baltic weather. Ive gone back to my spesh xc lid now, shame as i thought the flux was otherwise a winner. I think it was a mk1 model and possibly they are better now though

MrGreedy

I’d say the fits of the two are quite different (have tried both) so you really ought to try them on if you can. The Fox was my preference as it fitted me better, and also due to the better rear coverage. Where are they on offer by the way?

Jamesy
    Free Member

There on offer at stif and i think cycle surgery

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giro Hex of Fox Flux’ is closed to new replies.