Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gform pads or similar for enduro/agressive xc/all mountain/mincecore lite?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I realise they may be a bit of an unknown quantity so far but has anyone tried GForm knee pads or can recommend light weight pads for XC style stuff?
    I want some knee pads so that when I’m going as fast as I possibly can on an enduro stage or down some fell in the lakes I don’t have to worry quite so much about crashing and doing excessive damage.
    The Gforms look like they won’t cause many problems on the many pedals up but still give a bit of protection when you go a bit too fast. Is there a high possibility of a point rock stabbing you in those gaps between padding?

Don’t want to fuss about taking pads on and off at the top of climbs/descents.
    For proper DH I’ve got some knee/shin dainese which aren’t too comfortable on the long pedally stuff.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve not yet experienced the pleasure of falling off wearing them, but they are certainly light weight and well made. Comfortable too – and very compact if you decide to carry them in a pocket.

Watch sizing – I had to go up a size from that recommended on the G-Form website and that experience seems to be fairly common.

You can get them at a good proce and with an STW discount (STWTBC) at The Bike Chain

http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/GFORM-Knee-Protection-S-201109260202/

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Yeah was planning on the bike chain but sizing wise I’m about 37cm and large is for 36.8-39.4cm should i still go up one?

z1ppy

Only had mine a couple of weeks, & haven’t fallen off yet 😐 but even though all these threads say size up, I was in he middle of XXL & TBC had no XXXL. Went for them anyway & I’m really happy with the fit, work pretty well as knee warmers too…

ojom
    Free Member

BTW – all we have left is all we will get. No re-order on these.

POC arrived last week too – sold a heap yesterday but stock still ok across the board.

bol

Why’s that TBC? You had problems with them?

ojom
    Free Member

Nah just not sold as well as we would have liked.

Mugboo

My Kyle Straights rub really badly after a couple of years use. Fox ones seem really, really comfy 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m considering troy lee kg 5400 for my next kneepads. the g form ones are also on my list but will probably go troy lee.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Does look like the POC and troy lee will give better all over cover from rocks and pointy things? Or is hardshell the only way for rocks? Those Gform are half the price of (cheapest) POC though! and £110 for some knee pads? Crikey.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I like my troy lees, wore them for 3 days of consecutive 25 miles/5400ft climbing rides during that hot ‘indian’ summer we had a while ago.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are they the KG 5400 (or 4500?) ones I mentioned TurnerGuy? Are they good for not chafing then? Does the protection seem worthwhile?

GW
    Free Member

Why are folk who don’t fall off recomending armour? Or even wearing it for that matter? 😕

headpotdog
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro????

grum
    Free Member

Nah just not sold as well as we would have liked.

Were they all that silly yellow colour though? I’m in the market for some new pads, my Kyle Straits are also rubbing really badly and falling apart after a year or two.

druidh
    Free Member

grum – the black ones are/were in stock too. Check the link to see what the have left.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

KG 5400 – never had a big fall on them yet though.

no chaffing experienced – I did 4 consecutive days of riding that week, the forth one was at TH so not the same distance or climbing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gform pads or similar for enduro/agressive xc/all mountain/mincecore lite?’ is closed to new replies.