Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Getting older – one for the mature ladies
  • jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Recently, I have noticed that I get very hot, perspiring lots to the point of dripping (yuk) and drinking double the amount that I normally drink when out riding. Yes, I’ve reached that time when I “flush” rather more frequently than I would like to 😳

So, I’m wondering what I could do to make life a little more comfortable on the bike for up to 5 hours without carrying 3 litres of energy drink. I can be riding along and feel like I’m burning up and over heating. I tend to drink more to replace the lost moisture, but is there anything else I should be doing? What are your experiences of this female phenomenon!!

From a very “hot” lady 😉

easygirl

My wife has started the same
    She’s going through “the change”
    Wish she would hurry u p and change I’m getting pissed off with it 😕

cinnamon_girl

Assuming you’re wearing clothing that wicks well?

gusamc
    Free Member

gf uses layers and has zip tops

I **think** there is a diet that may help – **EDIT Changed diet link and I’d suggest a healthy dose of disbelief and further research re diets, anyway
    http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/f/naturalhrt.htm
    http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/menopaus1/a/naturalmenopaus.htm

Esme
    Free Member

You need to talk to your doctor, or Wellwoman clinic, to eliminate other causes – such as diabetes. Don’t blame everything on the menopause!

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

CG – I wear two summer layers; the first wicks away and the second soaks it up! I’m drenched at the end of a ride. The first layer will dry out using this method. Esme – blood tests confirm menopause. gusamc – thanks for the links, some useful info there.

cinnamon_girl

You may find this link interesting reading:

http://www.progesterone.co.uk/default.htm

This product was highly recommended to me by a doctor in place of HRT so am about to give it a go.

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s time like these I’m glad I can keep sticking the patches on indefinitely…

Rachel

Vortexracing

Mrs V suffers from the same thing, thermostats bust, well and truly, she has been trying Black Cohosh.

[selfish hubby mode on] I’m with easygirl, I wish she would hurry up and get it all over with, she is interupting my nights sleep, covers on, covers off, covers on, covers off [selfish hubby mode off]

😉

TrevorB

One for the blokes here:
    My wife is now through it 10 YEARS since it started, read ’em ‘n’ weep.

MoreCashThanDash

TrevorB – quick bit of maths suggests that Mrs MCTD will be hitting it just as Little Miss MCTD hits puberty. 😥

Vortexracing

quick bit of maths suggests that Mrs MCTD will be hitting it just as Little Miss MCTD hits puberty.

Welcome to my world

Mrs V on the change, eldest daughter 16years old in March. 😥

if you want me I’ll be at work 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Getting older – one for the mature ladies’ is closed to new replies.