• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by JxL.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Getting fed up waiting for Decade Virsa, suggest another steel SS frame..
  • JxL
    Free Member

Phoned up suppliers about 3-4 weeks ago, and was told the frames will be back in stock on July 10th. Phoned up again and was told they only just left Taiwan, so will be another 2 weeks.

Frame is the only thing I need to finish the build. Suggest me something sexy for around the same price (£315).

(It will be run with Pace RC31 carbon forks, XTR/Olympic rims with tubeless, carbon bars,stem,etc so pretty light).

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Depending on the length of the forks you have, I'd be tempted to scour Ebay for a cool mid 90s steel hardtail, get it to a frame builder, have sliding paragons welded on and a cool new paint job, should have change from your budget to spend on extra shiny bits and end up with a unique frame to boot. I think one of the Stw crew did somethin similar to an old Kona..one of the long term projects..?

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Mind you, wouldn't help with your timing impatience :mrgreen:

lowey

Easy matey, cancel the order and buy a proper bike.

D0NK

Surly?

£325ish with a spare fork, got canti mounts too in case you want to use them.

Inbreds aren't pimpy but they are good, light ali versions available.

Cotic and chameleons are over budget

Theres a few voodoos around the £300 mark

D0NK

I quite like the look of the voodoo wanga myself, sideways have them at £249

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My sanderson life 18"?

not SS but I'll throw in a free new O-O doofer for £200 posted.

or……………

I may be selling my powdercoated red (the same colour as in-trays/rullers etc) 18" DMR switchback (another <130mm hardtail from kinesis/upgrade)which i suspect is very similar to the virsa. £0ffers?

atlaz
    Free Member

Inbred/456/summer season for 125 quid?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I had the same problem when waiting for my XC2 – I did wait IMBO and didn't regret it! If you really really want it then wait for it !

keppoch

Could be missing something but I thought I saw one of these hanging on the wall in Cycle Surgery, Hemel Hempstead. May be worth a call.

Roddy.

lowey

Dont listen to Donk, he's just a bad influence.

bent_udder
    Free Member

There's a thread elsewhere on here about the Singular Hummingbird. Or the Genesis Io is quite nice, although nowhere near as shiny as the Kinesis. Cycleworks in Leatherhead has one on the wall, too…

Dekerf
    Free Member

What about a new Sanderson soloist, only £250 but it is white 🙁

JxL
    Free Member

DONK – the Wanga was my initial thought for a singlespeed, but after ringing every single supplier and shop in the UK I found out they stopped selling them as Halfords have taken over direct supply from the US, therefore smaller stores cannot get a hold of them anymore. Plus a lot of the frames had the chainstays snapped, and the factory refused to hold the warranty anymore.

Not sure why Sideways are still advertising, they haven't had them for over 5 months. After speaking to them they recommended the Virtue which I been holding out for ages 🙂

@ freeandsingle – does sound good, but this was already a long term project (well, been buying bits for around 4 months).

@ Keppoch – they only don't have the right size for me (18" medium), others are in stock!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Getting fed up waiting for Decade Virsa, suggest another steel SS frame..’ is closed to new replies.