Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting a bike into a car – Alfa 156
  • ogwen
    Free Member

Good evening everyone,

Bought myself a new car recently, neglected to see if the bike fits in the boot. It appears not to

Alfa 156 saloon, seats don't fold.

How do you get yours IN (i do have a rack but would rather not use that when it's just me going out)

Jimbo
    Free Member

It won't happen! Bike rack on the outside…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Cover the rear seats with a blanket.

donald
    Free Member

I use a bike rack

Markinfrance
    Free Member

I managed it by taking both wheels and the fork off the frame, frame goes in first; there's only room for one bike but at least its out of sight when you're parked. It quite often stayed in the boot until the next ride as I couldn't be arsed to take it back out.

panzerjager
    Free Member

My Blur LTc goes in the back seat of my 156, as PJM1974 says, wheels off & a blanket/sheet on the back seat does the trick fine.
    Takes a bit of practice but it's worth it, if only for the post-ride pint, knowing it's safe inside & not on the roof!!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Should have got a Sportwagon!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Oh and make sure you get the cam belt changed every 36,000 miles or three years (if its a petrol).

mildred

I used to put 2 on the back seat with room for wheels behind each front seat.

Elmo
    Free Member

Mine goes on the roof!

OT: i've got one to drive and one for spares if anybody needs anything!

samuri
    Free Member

(This will be no help by the way)
    Sorry, just to get things straight, the back seats don't go down?
    That's the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Its the same with the 159. Put a tow bar on mine for a rear rack, sacriledge i know. Even the guy who fitted it gave me a hard time about it. Lovely cars but not the most practical. Obviously you can use the back seats but not ideal if you have company.

Stoner
    Free Member

when I first started riding my car was an Alfa Romeo GTV.

I used to lean the passenger seat all the way back, drape a sheet over it and then lay the frame and then the two wheels on top. Wrap it all up in the sheet and put the seat belt round it all. Where there's a will…. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting a bike into a car – Alfa 156’ is closed to new replies.