Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Genesis Alpitude
  • davedodd
    Free Member

Anyone got one, and if so what are they like. I’m looking for a more hardcore hardtail than my IO for playing on plus some general riding. Plus I’m 6ft tall do I go for the 19.5?

Ta

Dave

Chisel
    Free Member

I love mine got it as a frame back when they were first launched and it is excellent. It gets used for everything other than balls out racing. It has done a number of Alps trips, Wales, she’s a regular up the Peaks. I have raced the Dyfi enduro and the Coed Y Brenin Enduro on her. Not the lightest bike in the world but goes down hill like an absolute dream. Mine is definitely built on the burly side, Pikes dropper post big tyres and wheels but it was built for a pupose so not complaining. I have a Soul for racing so it wasnt built to save weight.

Cant recommend it enough. At 6′ tal you’d probably get away with a small(16.5)

Buy, build, enjoy!!

snakebite
    Free Member

I had one for a while Dave, good bike, sold it on to fund an Evil Sov, which was a tad short, sold that for a BFe and I’m now happy again!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davedodd
    Free Member

Dave,
    What size did you go for. I’m stuck between the 18 and 19.5.
    Ta

muckytee
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 I have a Core at 19.5 with a 50mm stem. I would reckon that an 18 would be better, since it’s the type of bike to throw about.

Why a Genesis? The paint finish on my Core is terrible, frame is nice, but I should have got a soul.

snakebite
    Free Member

18 Dave, you need to try before you buy mate!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I know of a an unused titanium latitude 18″ for sale for very reasonable money indeed……

Rorschach
    Free Member

Frame that is…

zoota

Another Alpitude owner here, Im running it with pike 95-140 coil u turn, slx brakes and crank, SRAMx9 mechs &shifters
    Dt Swiss 340 rear hub on a mavic 819, hope pro2 on mavic 717 & Thomson sb post
    I use this for all mountain and every thing else, it’s not a ligh weight weenies bike but it’s reynolds 853 and Iv built it up to last.
    I’m very proud of her

davedodd
    Free Member

Rorschach,
    Not sure that’s what I’m after as I already have a Merlin XLM! But out of interest what is very reasonable money, and is it a 17.5 or a 19?
    I currently have a 19″ IO SS but want to replace it with something geared and burlier, hence the altitude.

Dave, you’re shorter than me aren’t you?

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

I will confirm details with the vendor.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its a 19″ ,never built and it’s £650 posted.

davedodd
    Free Member

That is a good price, but I’m going to pass as it’s the burlier frame that I’m after. Ta for coming back though.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I recently got a go of a mate’s 19.5 inch one. Felt a bit cumbersome at first (I’d been riding my Ndiza beforehand) but after a few mins it felt fine, much more nimble downhill than I expected.

I would have to get the 19.5 as I was right on the limit of the post for climbing, but I’m 6’2/6’3 ish so a smidge taller than the OP. Length was ok, but I reckon I would need a 65 mm stem rather than the 50 on the one I tested.

I would pull the trigger on one, but I haven’t had a go of an XL sov yet, which is that bit tastier looking…

Stiggy

Lego
    Free Member

I have the 19.5, after having last year’s model in an 18 and finding it a little small. Im a smidge over 6’2, and on the 18 had a 400m post almost maxed out climbing.

Imo, it feels slightly shorter in the TT than my managers Soul which is a 17.5, although that could be down to fork choice..?#

Fantasic bike (need to use it more!), built with Dual Air Revs, E2200s 1×10 XT and weighs around the 28lb mark, but could deff go lighter if you wanted to.

Lego

davedodd
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I’m hopefully sorted with something now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Alpitude’ is closed to new replies.