Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gel/Bar Wrappers! AKA Lazy MTBers!!!!
  • pants
    Free Member

Why do peeps litter the MTB Cse’s?

Even when litter bins are provided on the Cse and peeps have pockets which they have taken the Gel/Bar out of pocket, so why can’t it be put back in pocket?

At the rider brief at 12/12 it was mentioned about litter! Land owners especially the MoD may not allow the use of the land due to this problem, especially on SSSI, all will lose out then!

I will be doing a lap of Minley picking them up this week and it seems like it will take me some time!
    I am sure other organisers/events have the same problem as well?

How can this be addressed? It did annoy me after AYTE going round picking up wrappers!
    Rant over, but justified !!!

Help the Enviroment !!!

grum
    Free Member

Woah so many acronyms!!

Taff
    Free Member

Only got ministry of defense an are you tough enough. I know what you mean about throwing them. Sone races will throw you out if you discard waste outside of certain zones. I hate having pockets that Sri k together though but not as much as litter in the countryside

CiderRiderRich
    Free Member

I know what you mean, it only takes a few seconds to shove a wrapper in a jersey pocket.

I love the fact that on the 12:12 course there are two dustbins where wrappers can be thrown – I saw this as a challenge to get a wrapper in each most laps – with no misses I might add. On my final lap my caffeine gel wrapper went in and I noticed the bin was pretty near the top, so imagine what the course would have been like without the bins.

On a particular point on this course, I would hope the MOD would not moan too much as there were plenty of silver ration pack wrappers round the course / site.

pants
    Free Member

LoL!

MTB =Mountain Bikers

CSE=Course

MoD=Ministry of Defence

SSSI=Site of Special Scientific Interest

AYTE=Are You Tough enough

I could of added more ! LoL

pants
    Free Member

CRR,

Yes, agreed, I hate to see the empty ration pack wrappers on the training areas, It winds me up! You are taught not to leave ground sign!!! 👿

WTF
    Free Member

grum – Member

Woah so many acronyms initialisms!!

FTFY LoL

Jason
    Free Member

I didn’t see too many discarded wrappers on the course, just lots around the bins.

The main thing I noticed was the inner tube and CO2 cartridge than somebody had left on the tarmac section shortly after crossing over the big bridge. Surely they wouldn’t have lost much time by carrying them back to the start?

The rule should be DQ if you are seen dropping litter.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s not just mountain bikers; last month on the roadie I got mixed up with the NW Ironman and rode along with the competitors as we shared routes for a few miles. I was shocked at the amount of litter they had thrown on the road, gel wrappers, power bar wrappers and many green Gatorade bidons, FFS! They weigh nothing when empty!

Normally conscientious people seem to get an idea that competing in an event gives them some kind of moral justification for behaving like louts.

madhouse

Why do people litter at all?

It’s something I really hate, you wouldn’t leave it lying around your house so why do it when you’re out? Everyone should have a zero tolerance policy.

donsimon
    Free Member

OMG! WTF? 😯

I could of have added more

FTFY HTH. ROYGBIV!
    TTFN.

uplink
    Free Member

That is a lot of initialised words OP – are antipodean or something?

Anyway, the gel wrapper and general litter at races really pisses me off
    At last years Kielder I saw one fella unwrap a bar as he was leaving a feed station and instantly discard the wrapper on the floor

I chased after him to let him know how I felt – that was never going to end in success [skinny bastid] 🙂
    Anyone that feels their entitled to litter just because they’re in a race are lazy, dirty fekwits, the lot of ’em and should be instantly disqualified

allthepies
    Free Member

You are taught not to leave ground sign!!!

The number of spent rounds (or in some case not spent!), ration packs, empty smoke cartridges etc littering the MoD training areas is pretty high. Appreciate some of this stuff is used at night and in mock battle situations but do the MoD ever have “clear up” days to remove all the cr@p ?

brakes
    Free Member

do the MoD ever have “clear up” days to remove all the cr@p ?

I reckon they must – I spend a fair bit of time riding on MoD land and you do see spent rounds and canisters but they don’t seem to be there next time you go.

DezB
    Free Member

Why has this been turned around from lazy mtbers to having a go at the forces for leaving their mess?
    FFS, it’s like kids! “Your room’s a mess!” “Well so is your garage Dad”!!

Pants has a point. Stick to it!

Jamie
    Free Member

ROYGBIV!

Ok.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ[/video]

pants
    Free Member

allthepies

clear up days yes and the Training area marshall checks the areas where units have been and if any litter is left, they are called back to clear up!!

singletracksurfer

discarded inner tubes in the countryside annoy me more though.
    often bring an extra one home.

tend to only need a patch and they work again tho 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gel/Bar Wrappers! AKA Lazy MTBers!!!!’ is closed to new replies.