Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Geax Barro Extreme Mud XC/Trail Tyre: Experiences (sorry !!)
  • shmoo
    Free Member

as above: has anyone any experience of what these are like? I’m looking for a small volume mud/ wet weather tyre, but preferably not too sketchy/ scary on bits of tarmac and rock. Will these be any good or has anyone got any other suggestions? Also looking at 1.55″ or 1.8″ Maxxis Medusa as a possibilty.

Cheers

Shackleton

No idea of Geax ones but I like Bonty mud-x 2.0. Great XC tyre for the 10 months a year of british wet riding. They do come in a 1.8 but I find tyres that skinny impossible to run at low enough pressures not to ping off everything and stick to roots and rock.

Wookster

sorry mate found trailraker/bonty mud x combo and never considered anything else!

Ratty
    Free Member

I have those Geax Barros, they’re my ‘muddy event only’ tyres – pretty good at cutting through thick gloop and never clog, great for wet enduros.

Tried them for general trailriding, but like most skinny mud tyres they’re sketchy on rocks, hardpack & tarmac. Would wear quite fast on that kind of going too.

and as above, not much volume to them, need to run high pressures to prevent snakebites.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Geax Barro Extreme Mud XC/Trail Tyre: Experiences (sorry !!)’ is closed to new replies.