Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Geared Roadrat – any good bodges to reduce puncture faffage?
  • woody2000

I love my Roadrat, but several recent rear wheel punctures have got me thinking about ditching it for something else sadly. The rear hanger arrangement is a real PITA with gears – has anyone managed to bodge anything so you don’t have mess about so much?

BadlyWiredDog

I’d go for reinforced tyres instead. Worked for me.

MSP

I am running schwalbe marathon supreme as tubeless on a bike, works fine.

scruff
    Free Member

I got Schwalbe marathons on mine and put Stans in the innertubes aswell.

woody2000

Hmm, not quite the bodge-tastic answers I was hoping for 🙂

Looks like some different tyres might be worth a go, using WTB Allterrainasaurus at the moment which I thought were reasonably rugged but it seems not.

Ta

john_l
    Free Member

What pressures are you running your Marathons tubeless at?

Lactic
    Free Member

It’s a PITA isn’t it? Slime inner tube worked for me.

Olly
    Free Member

i found my slotty inbred a mild faff with gears, but the secret i have found is not to just loosen the QR and tug, but to have the sod off from the start. Only takes a second, and then you are free to yank the wheel out unhindered.

May not work on the RR as the mech hangs on the tug though doesnt it?

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, but tbh, it’s not very difficult to take the skewer out, pop the chain off the cassette – have in smallest cog – and slide the wheel out backwards. There’s a slightly nack to getting the tug back in, but again, it’s not particularly difficult. I used to occasioanlly swap the rear wheel to use the bike on the turbo and got quite good at it. Maybe you just need to practice… 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Geared Roadrat – any good bodges to reduce puncture faffage?’ is closed to new replies.