Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Gary Fisher brand no more…….
  • lovewookie

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/

hmm, Gary Fisher collection….

Nice bikes though.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

From twitter (post from trek)…"RT @Gary_Fisher: You will see more of me not less. I am so not dead. The Fisher brand is getting a BIG boost! Thanks!"

clubber
    Free Member

Makes sense – I never really understood why Trek took so long to do it when the GF bikes were so clearly products of the same brand/design team.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice pyjamas

ratherbeintobago

It's a pity though. Hadn't the HKEK been the longest continuously produced MTB model after the Stumpy (which I know is a bit of a Toyota Corolla statistic, but still)?

Andy

(Seriously looked at a Fisher 26er before the lure of single fork legs & the Trek cringe led me elsewhere)

nuke

Makes sense – I never really understood why Trek took so long to do it when the GF bikes were so clearly products of the same brand/design team.

Sums it up well for me.

AlexSimon

It makes sense for me too – It always seemed odd that the Trek range left some important holes for the Fisher brand to fill, yet they weren't available in the same shops.

rootes1

GF looks like a weirdo

clubber
    Free Member

That's cos he is one 😉

rootes1
    geetee1972
    Free Member

LOL at rootes – yes, a little too much like Gary Gliter for my liking!

Gary Fisher?

Paul Francis Gadd?

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow. Glitter is actually wearing a Buff in that picture – those are really popular with MTBers.

I think you might be onto something there!

rootes1

Introducing the Gary Glitter collection from Trek….. 😯

lovewookie

kids bike range?

sorry.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Trek 69er?

ocrider

Doesnt look like this ones getting this side of the pond. Pity.

Ah, just noticed the thread about this one.

jupiter
    Free Member

Th USA Fisher Collection looks great! Cronus CX bike,Transport utility bikes they still get the Rumblefish (my fave bike, must try and get one before they are all gone).

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Fortunately, my mates and I have stocked up. From a recent ride, mine is second from the left.

scaredypants

hmmmm, much the same thing I guess (assume these will be trek-badged?)

GF is good for trek IMO – got to try out "daft" things without tarring trek with it if they went wrong. Seems to have come up with the goods mostly too. Not sure if this is quite as easy to do now, hope they don't become more conservative overall

nickegg
    Free Member

What happens to existing Gary Fisher dealers?

My LBS had been loyal to the brand since he set up shop but i guess he'll no longer be able to sell them as he isn't a Trek dealer.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Let's not forget that it was GF that came up with the eminently sensible idea of having a longer top tube and much shorter stem. That wasn't quite such a daft idea.

njee20
    Free Member

Interesting question, maybe they'll become Trek dealers. Could cause problems though where a dealer's been refused a true Trek account, but allowed GF bikes.

Makes sense to increase their dealer network IMO, sensible decision.

J0N
    Free Member

GF probably came up with most many of the 'bigger' advancment ideas in mtbing.
    Longer TT, bigger wheels, bigger headtube (though he proposed 1.25), sloping top tubes (Kona more so). He has some nice ideas still.
    I think a lot of the bikes will be more diluted. Trek have traditionally been very conservative and allowed GF to be more avant garde, adopting his ideas when they clearly work or the general public accepted and demanded them.
    http://fisherbikes.com/gary/story/
    He does look quite strange these days. 😯

organic355
    Free Member

That road bike is boggin!!!

Superfly elite looks tasty!!!

roscoe1
    Free Member

nickegg – Member

My LBS had been loyal to the brand since he set up shop but i guess he'll no longer be able to sell them as he isn't a Trek dealer.

if he's in the same boat as my local dealer, hell be shafted and told that he cant sell them anymore.
    my dealer has sold them since before Trek owned them.
    Brand loyalty means nothing these days.

wwaswas

there was an intersting blog post on this (which I can't find now).

Trek has 1400 dealers in the US and Gary Fisher 400. From Treks perspective they've gained another 1000 GF dealers for 'free' (and saved themselves $2million+ dollars running GF as a separate brand).

Unfortunately it does mean that those shops that weren't also Trek dealers are stuffed as they maybe close to an existing Trek dealer so will never get to sell Trek too 🙁

nickegg
    Free Member

Roscoe: I think you're right. A quick look at Trek UK dealers and 11 come up for Bristol so i can't see my LBS being able to switch to selling Trek either.

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

My MTB is a 10 yr old Big Sur . Ok , everyone knows I'm a retro grouch, but , honestly kids, it still ticks all my boxes .
    I do the ' demo thing ' for my mates shop , up here in the frozen NW , of Wigan , and I really do get to ride some ' nice ' bikes . I've had top drawer cannondales , ( that I love ) , Scotts , ( that I didnt want to love , but did ) , Commencals ( rode harder than the numbers suggested ) , and a Fisher . A HiFi , actually .
    I always liked the Fisher's .It was a brand i aspired to as a newbie. They were cool and innovative. Nowadays it's easy to diss .Everything's pretty good at going fast .
    I just had a brand new Carbon cannondale Flash out this week . I put my bar ends on , obviously. Ok , it's a pound or two lighter than my Big Sur , and has better brakes , but just hoofing along it doesnt even matter .
    You all seem a bit wrapped up in what you're riding .
    Just ride .

Hey , that funny specsavers ad's on . Gotta go

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

OK , it's finished .
    BTW , the Hi Fi was really OK , I thought .
    You'd be like bombing along , and you wouldnt even feel like it was working . Glance down , and it was working like mad .
    Climbed everything , came down some pretty big stuff . Hammered cavedale.
    Well , 'til I nearly ran into some walkers . What's that all about . You can do walking , like anywhere .
    Yea , It was good .

How come Gok Wan can comment on the size of a bird's tit's and not get slapped . ?
    You'd have to reply by commenting on the size of his glasses .
    He looks like Dennis Nordern's spitting image puppet.

Yea , anyway . Gary Fisher .

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

T

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

I

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

T

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

S

speaker2animals

Some ace looking bikes, especially if you live in the states. I must admit that I have lusted after a Superfly since they appeared and still do. Feel sorry for GF dealers as I am sure that some of them (who don't have Trek too) are gonna get shafted.

As for the comments about the man. he does do that California earnest very well but he strikes me as a good fella. Rides bikes, has got some character and seems to believe that the bicycle has a future in world transport and seems to try to do something about it. He's played the "I invented the mountainbike" card in the past, but so what? And he looks good in my opinion. At least he hasn't covered his body in tatoos and piercings to get that "unique" look.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Gary Fisher brand no more…….’ is closed to new replies.