Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin Etrex 30 – bike mount removal woes
  • cinnamon_girl

New Garmin bike mount doesn’t want to let go of the Etrex, it’s well and truly stuck. 😐

Previous Garmin Etrex had a much better designed mount, shame that they’re not interchangeable.

Any ideas please. Thanks. 🙂

SandCrab

I had this issue. I put a large flat baded screwdriver between the garmin and the mount at the lower edge, turn it slightly to pull the retaining element out of the groove and push up to slide the garmin away.

Agree, rubbish design!

Good luck.

Chris

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Sand Crab, will give that a go despite it sounding rather drastic!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I agree, a rubbish design, if you don’t fully engage it the E.trex can catapult out, but when you do finally get it to engage it’s a devil to get out. A drop of silicone spray lube often helps to ease the process as it helps the plastics to slide apart. Don’t do what I often do and try to pull it out backwards either-it slides forward but this always seems wrong to me.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve never had any issues with mine. The snugness when its clicked in properly is actually reassuring.

If you put your thumb on the bottom of the mount, hold the bottom of the etrex and pull it up slightly while pushing down on the mount with your thumb, then wiggle the etrex and push it up and forward slowly and it should come off easily.

andyl
    Free Member

Its not just me with this problem then!

dragon
    Free Member

Devash +1

They are fiddly but not impossible by any means.

cinnamon_girl

Success with a flat blade screwdriver, thanks to Sand Crab!

Can’t be doing with any more of this palaver though so shall get Googling.

timba
    Free Member

It depends where you put some mounts, along the handlebar stem/top-tube sometimes doesn’t give enough room to flex the tab down

Handlebars are far better in that respect, but IME it won’t be too long before the Etrex can eject itself. Use the lanyard and loop it around the handlebars and stick a phone number on the boot screen (it’s a similar process for most models)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Etrex 30 – bike mount removal woes’ is closed to new replies.