Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin Connect
  • toofarwest

Uploaded my last two rides to Connect and the distance hasn’t registered.
    Elevation gain is there ok but one shows 0.1 miles and the other 0.5 when the distance on the unit itself is showing as correct.
    Anybody else getting this?

njee20
    Free Member

Usually a corrupt GPX file. You can edit them – FirstObject XML editor is the best one I’ve found.

Have you tried uploading to Strava or Endomondo or anything?

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Not tried that, but for last two days I have been unable to export a course to my garmin as it opens the pop-up window but its blank. I think they may have broken it as there’s a forum post on the official forums about similar export issues.

toofarwest

njee20 – Member

Have you tried uploading to Strava or Endomondo or anything?

Not registered on either of those, this has only happened since they added new features to the site (it was down the other day when I tried to log in)

bails

Import to Bikehike or bikeroutetoaster and export it, then try to send to Garmin Connect? Worth a try.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just been on Connect and I can get on/in and upload..

somouk
    Free Member

Try a direct upload to Strava maybe and see if that reads it okay? You on the latest version of the client and drivers?

toofarwest

Uploaded to Viewranger ok (with the distance) but the exported .GPX from there comes up as unidentified when I try to upload to Connect.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Are you able to upload the fit file? I can run it through Fit File Repair Tool

http://fitfilerepairtool.info/

deadkenny
    Free Member

You the same person on the SFMB group on FB posting this issue? If not, there’s someone on there posting the same problem 😉

Mine are okay. I upload to Connect manually on their Import page. I don’t use or trust Express after issues with trashed ride data (although it could equally have been the firmware bug that trashed data when powering off the Garmin. which they supposedly have fixed). Trashed data was all points lost though. Mileage would still be okay, just the route was straight lined beginning to end.

toofarwest

deadkenny – Member

You the same person on the SFMB group on FB posting this issue?

Nope, not me.
    I manually import the gpx files too, strange as the elevation plot is there and the track on the map is fine just no distance or speed data.

deadkenny
    Free Member

From the FB thread, it’s been posted that it seems many are having the same issue on the Garmin forum…

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?176681-GPX-Activities-uploaded-no-longer-have-length-distance

Mine seem okay and also the sync to Strava, Endomondo and MapMyRide are okay.

toofarwest

Not just me then, thanks for the link.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm.

Again mine have been fine uploading today’s ride.

I use the auto upload too.

Not a great deal of help that is it 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect’ is closed to new replies.