Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garden strimmer suggestion
  • matt_outandabout

Seeing as our new garden looks like this, I need a suggestion for a strimmer. Initially it needs a massive cut back (it hasn’t been touched in 12 years), but ongoing it has some banks that will always need a grass strim, so I want one that will last well.
    The basic Stihl FS38 looks like a good enough tool, and should last well. Locally it is only £120. Any other suggestions?

Stoner
    Free Member

plenty of pro and amateur fans of the stihl, and I have a 3x stihl chainsaws, but when it comes to mowing & strimming I love my 4 stroke hondas.

Not cheap.

But they are quieter, less stressed engines, well built and will last a long time with good care. Ive just spent the day cutting grass and brash and it’s so not such a chore when it involves the Hondas. Both start on second pull, every time.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

safety net on the trampoline wouldn’t go a miss ! one jump to high and its off the side down the slope…

sharkbait
    Free Member

I bought a used Stihl fs55 which works really well and would rip through your overgrown stuff when one of these is fitted

I’m sure Honda stuff is good too.

Alphabet

+1 for Honda 4 stroke. Starts first time even after a winter of neglect and a pleasure to use.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got one that I don’t really use much any more, it’s a mcculloch that I paid about 170 for 10 years ago, electric on/off doesn’t work any more, so you have to use the choke to stop the thing, but it rips through the likes of that. My garden is now at a stage where it’s not required, I just use it for trail clearance. If you’re ever down ayrshire way, or even Glasgow, You’re welcome to borrow it Matt.

matt_outandabout

safety net on the trampoline wouldn’t go a miss ! one jump to high and its off the side down the slope…

They had one. One big hit and they managed to rip through it…new pad on way though. That was 2 mins after we set it up and little_oab was keen to have a go.
    Our household has a strict risk-benefit policy, where the benefit regularly outweighs the risk. 😉
    Last time we moved it and set it up, middle_oab was *really* keen to have a go…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garden strimmer suggestion’ is closed to new replies.