Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • G-One tubeless still bleeding sealant…?
  • thwapy
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Schwalbe G-One Allround RaceGuard Folding tyres a couple of weeks ago and got them tubeless without issue. However they are still ‘bleeding’ sealant through the sidewalls and loosing pressure, anyone else have this issue? Just a bad batch? I have never had this problem with MTB tyres and all my bikes are tubeless.

pdw
    Free Member

The raceguard ones aren’t sold as tubeless tyres. You need the liteskin ones. Schwalbe’s product names and variants are absolutely baffling.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 it’s the TL-Easy you need though. They don’t leak at all.

‘liteskin’ is Schwalbe’s superlight casing, and I’m not aware they do that in the G-One… correct me here?

onandon
    Free Member

There used to be just one version of the g-one which was tubeless ready. The new versions have ready and the cheaper non tubeless ready version.

Sounds like you have the non tubeless version.

Look at their site and look at your tyres to confirm.

tjagain

They will seal eventually assuming enough sealant

thwapy
    Free Member

Got them from Wiggle and it clearly says
    , having checked ‘tubeless ready’ I’ve emailed them so I’ll see what they say…

TiRed

What sealant? I found orange to be far superior to Stans when it came to mounting tyres. They will eventually seal.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@OP, i’d probably look up the Schwalbe website and then send them back to Wiggle as ‘not as described’.

The raceguard version isn’t supposed to be tubeless ready, you need the microskin

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tubeless Ready generally refers to the bead shape which is designed to work with TR or UST rims. The walls may be slightly less porous but still needs sealant, unlike UST tyres (much heavier due to the lining inside).

Anyway, are you seeing wet patches on the outside of the tyre? Could just be sweating which seems common. See my post here – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sweaty-tyres-tubeless

Might be unrelated to it loosing pressure, which might be a leaky valve. Check the valve nut is tight and may depend on the valve design. Ones with rubber seal on the nut side tend to be better I find.

I use a fair bit of sealant and make sure it’s shaken all around to catch all potential holes inc the edges around the valve hole and the nipples if something has bled through the tape somewhere. Riding also helps seal it. Sat around it might slowly loose a bit of pressure.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My Butcher/Slaughter combo still sweats sealant after 6 months. You get used to it. Good tyres though.

thwapy
    Free Member

My Butcher/Slaughter combo still sweats sealant after 6 months

Funnily enough I run a Butcher/Slaughter combo on my full suss and they ‘sweat’ sealant, luck of the draw maybe.

There are no wet patches, just little beads of sealant (stans) coming through the sidewalls… I’d be happy to just leave it but they are loosing a significant amount of pressure still.

Wiggle have asked for photos so we shall see…

thwapy
    Free Member

Wiggle have come back and asked me to post them back to ‘investigate’, they are also telling me that the Allround Raceguards are tubeless tyres. I am not convinced, chainreaction says they are not on a Q&A question for these tyres.

On the Schwalbe website is not obvious if they are or are not?

onandon
    Free Member

They are the performance version which aren’t TL Easy as schwalbe call it.

pdw
    Free Member

https://www.schwalbe.com/gb/offroad-reader/schwalbe-g-one-allround.html

As above, RaceGuard is only on the “performance” range, not of which are listed as TL Easy. TL Easy is described as “safe in combination with sealant” the implication being that the non-TL Easy ones aren’t,

dirtydog
    Free Member

Tl leak through the sidewalls as well

onandon
    Free Member

Nope. Have lots of them on lots of bikes and never had a leaker.
    I think 12 bikes have them on at the moment in various sizes and models.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Throw some glitter in with a slosh more Stan’s. That trick seems to seal even the most stubborn of non-tubless ready tyre (including a set of G-Ones that I own but never bothered to check if they were tubless ready or not.

thwapy
    Free Member

So the conversation with Anita at Wiggle went along the lines of….

Me – The tyres you are advertising as ‘tubeless ready’ are not.

Wiggle – we confirm they are tubeless ready but they are faulty…

Me – Are you sure

Wiggle – Yes please return them and we will send you another pair out.

New pair comes out – guess what…. same problem …. aahhhhh

fifeandy
    Free Member

I suspect their entire stock are ‘faulty’.
    Might be best to open communication with Schwalbe direct

onandon
    Free Member

Try buying the correct TE version and you won’t have any issues.
    You have the performance version which is not TE.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Just checked mine. They’re G-One All-Round RG and have a big P on the side wall.

They were a little reluctant to stay inflated to start but they’ve been up now about 6 months with only the occasional top up pump.

Are your rims straight enough?

They’re on non-tubeless gorilla taped Shimano RX05.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

What is written on the box?

The Schwalbe boxes normally state Tubeless easy on the box AND ON the tyre

Also take a note of the bar code and art number and drop Schwalbe a email they be able to tell you one way or another.

thorpey0
    Free Member

Just checked mine. They’re G-One All-Round RG and have a big P on the side wall.

They are the same as mine. Rims are new, the tyres have gone on a new gravel bike. The sealant is coming through the wall of the tyre not the rim.

Think I might look at other ‘best of both world’ options for now and hope that Wiggle get back to me for the second time in a week regarding this… Emailed Schwalbe as well for the ‘official line’.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Silly question, but did u shake the bottle before tipping it in the tyre? It sounds like the sealant hasn’t got the gritty stuff to block the sidewall holes.

All my tyres sweat a little sealant out the sidewalls but not enough to go flat.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Be interesting to hear what Schwalbe say too.

thwapy
    Free Member

Not a newbie to tubeless by any means, it was all done properly. I have had tyres leak a little when first installed, around the rim and even the odd bubble from the sidewall but not lose 1/2 the pressure. Chainreaction clearly state that the tyres I have are not tubeless, I trusted Wiggle when they said they were. That was a mistake.

With the second pair – Wiggle got back to me and said it was me setting them up wrong and to take them to a local bike shop. I pointed out that I was doing it correctly and sent them a video of sealant leaking through the side wall. They have asked me to send them back to be ‘inspected’, I have asked for a refund. We will see what comes of it.

I have to say its been really awful customer service with Ardita, the first lady I was in conversation with via email ignoring my emails and not sticking to her promise of sending out some new tyres on next day delivery.

Next Jordan comes on and tells me its my fault. They are clearly not tubeless tyres, I think I will either go for the TL-easy tyres or try something else from another company. I was going to buy a new pair of bib shorts from Wiggle today but I will spend my cash elsewhere.

onandon
    Free Member

was going to buy a new pair of bib shorts from Wiggle today but I will spend my cash elsewhere.

So you purchased the wrong tyres and it’s their fault.
    FFS grow up.

Which of these do you have ?
    You said you have raceguard Which are clearly not tubeless easy.

EVOLUTION LINE, FOLDING BEAD
    Art. No. Size Performance Compound Colour Price
    Out
    11600792.01 40-584 (27.5 x 1.50 ) MicroSkin, TL Easy OneStar Black $74.98

11600946 70-584 (27.5 x 2.80 ) LiteSkin OneStar Black $84.18

11600952 70-584 (27.5 x 2.80 ) SnakeSkin, TL Easy OneStar Black $85.29

11600764.01 35-622 (700 x 35C ) MicroSkin, TL Easy OneStar Black $73.00

11600766.01 40-622 (700 x 38C ) MicroSkin, TL Easy OneStar Black $75.08

PERFORMANCE LINE, FOLDING BEAD
    Art. No. Size Performance Compound Colour Price

11600793 40-584 (27.5 x 1.50 ) RaceGuard Dual Black $49.71

11600953 70-584 (27.5 x 2.80 ) RaceGuard Dual Black $50.21

11600774 35-622 (700 x 35C ) RaceGuard Dual Black $49.71

11600775 40-622 (700 x 38C ) RaceGuard

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Sounds like Wiggle have got it wrong, and yours are not sealing as well as mine did. Maybe a change in compound?

I used a combo of Orange sealant and Stans, purely because it was what was closest to hand.

Good luck!

thwapy
    Free Member

On and On – go troll elsewhere buddy!

From Wiggle page:

Top Features of the Schwalbe G-One Allround RaceGuard Folding Road Tyre

Tubeless Ready
    Made from Dual compound
    RaceGuard exectution
    35c weight: 380 g
    38c weight: 440 g
    Max load: 70 kg
    Max pressure: 70 psi
    EPI: 67

I bought a tyre using their description and they have been really unhelpful, today blaming me rather that realising that they have describe a product. Its the tyres, not something I have done, its actually not even Schwalbe or the tyres fault, I am trying to use them for something they are not intended for, based on the assumption I made from the Wiggle website. SO yes on and on it IS their fault. Bell…..

End of it really, I’ll get the tubeless easy version or something else.

pdw
    Free Member

I’d grab a screenshot of the page before they fix it, if you haven’t already. Just tell them you’re returning them because they’re not as described.

I’ve got TL Easy versions of the X-One and X-One Bite. Seal up pretty well without sealant, and certainly don’t bleed any through the sidewall once added.

onandon
    Free Member

I’m not trolling you fella. Clearly you’re unable to read the manufacturer website for the information you need.
    Surely they know best if you are unsure.
    Wiggle have the wrong info on their site, but then I and others told you this a week ago but you clearly know best.

Stop being a stroppy git and buy the tyres you need.

thwapy
    Free Member

Sorry, obviously its me being stroppy, I know you told me a week ago but obviously I have not listened, nor can I read. Could you be good enough to just copy and paste where on the page it says that raceguard are not tubeless ready? A screen shot would be even better, thanks in advance.

G-One page

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’ve been the first to say its mostly Wiggles fault for putting the wrong description on the site, and they should definitely be giving a refund.

But it also doesn’t take a genius to figure a puncture belt isn’t a very likely or useful feature if they actually were tubeless.

onandon
    Free Member

If you’re able to take a second to click the little triangles it will clearly show which are and aren’t TE.
    If that’s a bit complex you should try emailing schwalbe to see if they have a “special princess” mode for their website.

simondbarnes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V3Yz5v]evolution[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V3YxUz]performance[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Poopscoop

pdw – Member
    I’d grab a screenshot of the page before they fix it, if you haven’t already. Just tell them you’re returning them because they’re not as described

Good suggestion there.

Hope you get it sorted thwapy, annoying but Wiggle will sort it eventually no doubt?

Do wiggle actually have a number to call rather than web chat or whatever?

I’d be inclined to call them to explain the situation.

Either way good luck on getting the problem sorted bud!

getoutandride
    Free Member

I’d return the tyres and go somewhere else for a tubeless pair. Good luck!

jonnyboi

I think ‘on and on’ is a little peeved that he told you three times on the first page you had the non tubeless performance version.

They are misadvertised on the wiggle website as tubeless, it’s actually in there twice.

ETA: I don’t know if you shopped around but the price difference would have set alarm bells ringing with me.

onandon
    Free Member

a little peeved because.
    Op starts post asking for advice.
    Advice given and ignored.
    Acts like a princess — I know everything about tubeless, blah ,blah blah. I want some bibs but wiggle are shit because I ordered the wrong thing.

I used to have an online bike store and close it after people like this made me want to kill myself with frustration.
    The customer is never always right. I this instance the customer screwed up 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tubeless ready or not, most tyres can be made to work tubeless with enough sealant. Plus TR or not, as I mentioned, many tyres (except UST) sweat sealant out of the sidewalls. Shouldn’t lose much pressure though, if anything at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘G-One tubeless still bleeding sealant…?’ is closed to new replies.