Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fundraising ideas.
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

Ok, so as most of you know now I’m cycling the lenght of africa next year in the aim of raising £45k to build a school in africa.

Now i realise that this is a tough target however i think it is attainable, however not by just asking people online.

so a few ideas i’ve come up with…..

Dinner and a dance, though who do you aim it at? what tyoe of music, classical, dj, etc, how much per head is a resonable amount to spend charge…. also can give a brief presentation on the tsk ahead.

Also thinking of trying to get some schools interested, say like come give a presentation on africa or something ike that, then the kids can do some fundraising for the charity.

Was thinking of leafleting going round shops and local places.

Obviously local press, though better links are in the pipeline

Presentations to Institute of civil engineers, plus networking through my old school and university.

beej

What about sponsorship from local or relevant businesses? Maybe they get a mention on the bike, or at presentations, or on a web site?

donsimon
    Free Member

If you’re going to get local businesses involved be sure that they can see a clear benefit in handing over their hard earned.
    A couple of years ago I was looking at the possibility of doing the Nissan Titan with sponsorship. I began negotiations with an energy company to provide money and solar panels to provide me with the power for a computer to publish a blog.
    Think big.
    Get a website blog set up now to give you something tangible to offer sponsors, they will only be interested in how many potential customers will see their name.
    Good luck.

ianpinder
    Free Member

got a website here, http://www.tda2012.com

I know businesses are looking for something in return and hopefully i can offer them that. it’s all new to me…

anyone have any ideas on dinner dances

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

we’ve just spent the last few months fundraising for/with my son – he’s going to Thailand for 12 months to work as a volunteer – writing to charitable trusts can work – you send a lot of letters and get lots of rejections but you also ge one or two decent sponsors. Today they did bag packing at a supermarket and raised just short fo £500. Wealso did a charity fundraising auction – which would have been beter ifmore people had ofturned up but we still got about £800. We tried the local business sponsors and got a few but nothing to write home about.One or two businesses that we deal with on a profesional basis made good donations and we also did a sponsored bike ride that has so far pulled in around a grand – ( you can help us by clicking HERE and making a small donation.
    If you are doing an event we reckon you get a better response if you do proper individual personalinvites rather than emails/facebook etc. and sell ickets- that way you get the money evenif people don’tturn up.
    Stay focused on the positive side of things (it’s easy to get worn down – especially when you get someone apologising for not turning up to your fundraiser despite saying they were brining friends, asking you how the sponsored ride went and wishing you all the best – but still not coughing up a donation)
    It’s a lot of hard work but you’d be surprised at what you can achieve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fundraising ideas.’ is closed to new replies.