• This topic has 215 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • Friday's Fatman Faceplant
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

From road.cc

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFRdEUN240[/video]

I make no comment on the rights and wrongs of either party but the fall at the end is superb 😀

scotroutes

Two prats arguing.

Last bit is amusing though

letmetalktomark

Neither comes off well there.

Seriously though what is it with some people. That driver has issues.

The fall is pretty amusing though 😳

DezB
    Free Member

Has to be Portsmouth!

Absolutely hilarious! 😆

lowey

That is hillarious. 😆

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Made my day but all cyclists where ever they are riding need to where helmets.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Made my day but all cyclists where ever they are riding need to where helmets.

Well if they can’t find them they can’t wear them.

brooess
    Free Member

The cyclist’s initial comment was fair enough and the response was not. Scary how ill-informed the driver was, and how badly he took the comment…

Mind you, a good, solid primary position would’ve kept him behind in the first place, and a narrow, residential street with a junction coming up and cars parked either side is a perfectly justified place to take primary IMO and gives the cyclist more control over the driver and helps reduce the fear which then turns into anger…

If/when this goes viral the driver will get his punishment from any friends he has. Feel sorry for his son… really sorry. Can you imagine having someone like that as a role model…

andyl
    Free Member

What is the world coming to?

That fall must have hurt though!

brooess
    Free Member

That fall must have hurt though!

Actually, given he hit his head hard on tarmac he may well have been concussed. I wonder if the cyclist checked he was ok… one the one hand, it’s the right thing to do, on the other you’d be scared you were going to get a punch…

richmtb

That fall is comedy gold

ton

the cyclist needs a good hiding….imho. plenty of room between him and car.
    or any cyclist filming on the road needs a good hiding..imho.
    just looking for trouble or confrontation.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The driver sounds like Zippy off Rainbow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why chase the driver?

Needless antagonism.

Prat fall was still funny, though.

ton

what the captain said.

Gotama
    Free Member

Can’t believe this but i’m going to agree with you. Plenty of room for the cyclist. He’s as much of a bell end as the driver. Not to mention making his getaway down a pavement. The fall was funny though.

bigjim

looked plenty of space in the overtake to me. cyclist was looking for a fight and got one.

loddrik
    Free Member

What a sanctimonious knob. The cyclist that is. He deserved to be knocked off. No sympathy with him whatsoever. Plenty of room. The driver repeatedly tried to drive off. Cyclist seems like a proper tit IMO.

bigjim

ach I’m sure videos from this cyclist have been on before, he has dozens of him starting on people on his youtube account. ****.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No need of the cyclist to give chase.

Driver’s actions of course completely unjustified.

Cynic-al’s crystal ball says many on this thread will focus on the cyclist’s behaviour rather than the driver’s…which will be pretty tragic.

DezB
    Free Member

plenty of room between him and car.

Utter rubbish – there’s no way you can tell from the video.
    If the cyclist (yeah he’s a pillock) took exception to the driver being too close, then he was.
    Chasing him, then running away was pathetic though. But a win in the end 😀

johnners
    Free Member

or any cyclist filming on the road needs a good hiding..imho.
    just looking for trouble or confrontation.

Regardless of how much room there may have been, all the cyclist did initially was dare to say the car driver had passed too close. There are some fragile little egos out there, and too many of them are behind the wheel of a car.

teasel
    Free Member

The driver smacks his head pretty hard. Probably could’ve done with wearing a helmet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Regardless of how much room there may have been, all the cyclist did initially was dare to say the car driver had passed too close.

Which is absolutely fine. He even had it recorded should there have been an offence.

My problem with the cyclist here is the furious chasing after the car for a confrontation.

johnners
    Free Member

Cynic-al’s crystal ball says many on this thread will focus on the cyclist’s behaviour rather than the driver’s…which will be pretty tragic.

Early days, but so far the cyclist needs either a good hiding or to be knocked off. No word yet on what should happen to the driver.

richmtb

Regardless of how much room there may have been, all the cyclist did initially was dare to say the car driver had passed too close. There are some fragile little egos out there, and too many of them are behind the wheel of a car.

True dat

and the driver could have just said “Sorry mate I was a bit close”

But then they cyclist could have also not chased him across town looking for a confrontation.

No winners except the internetz!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

@ teasal – now imagine that 😆

johnners
    Free Member

and the driver could have just said “Sorry mate I was a bit close”

He could even have said “I don’t agree, there was plenty of room”. But no, he had to go from zero to “run you c**** over” in 5 seconds.

Milkie
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ooh this could go viral

soundninjauk

looked plenty of space in the overtake to me. cyclist was looking for a fight and got one.

I didn’t listen to the audio so no comments on the rights or wrongs there, but the wide angle lenses on GoPros and the like can make things look much further away than they actually are.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

AHAHAAHA

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Right pair of pricks. They both deserved to enjoy each other company.

retro83
    Free Member

bigjim – Member

looked plenty of space in the overtake to me.

Those helmetcams often make things appear further away than in real life.
    I have a video of the red at aston hill, as I went down the whoop about halfway down I lost the front end and nearly headbutted a tree. Yet on the video it looks like I missed it by miles.

Anyway, the video is pure gold. Some great comments as well:

mrcellophane99 8 hours ago
    “Why don’t you get a car” – in his M reg 405.. Quite good condition, but still worth less than any of my bikes.

AceRidesBikes 37 minutes ago
    “WHERE’S YOUR **** HELMET! WHY DON’T YOU WEAR A HELMET”

….two minutes later falls over and smashes his head.
    Where’s his helmet?

onandon
    Free Member

That fall in slo-mo is outstanding 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

He deserved to be knocked off.

He deserved to be assaulted with 1.5 tonnes of metal? Good that you keep some perspective…

PiknMix
    Free Member

I shouldn’t find pleasure at someone else’s misfortune but the dive into the Tarmac pool at the end has really made me laugh.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Both complete knobs! Especially the cyclist for giving us all a bad name!

ransos
    Free Member

Both complete knobs! Especially the cyclist for giving us all a bad name!

Did the driver give all drivers a bad name?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

plenty of room between him and car.

Really?

Not sure how this is discernible from that video.

Looks too close to me and it was nowhere near ‘give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car’.

The road is one way, and narrow as it allows parking both sides, any sensible, conscientious driver would have sensibly waited behind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Friday's Fatman Faceplant’ is closed to new replies.