Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Friday Performance and Photography thread – The Controversial edition
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, it’s Friday! Woo! Let’s therefore have another P&P thread. For those who don’t know, it’s just about some damned fine sporting photography, sometimes with a topic or theme.

This week, let’s look at sporting controversies. To kick off…

And, always a little controversial, the Lion King himself!

Topov
    Free Member

Love that pic of Cippo :¬)

DezB
    Free Member

Chavez – Taylor, great fight, controversial ending

hilldodger
    Free Member

An EPL wendyballer not using offensive language or hand gestures

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A Sporting Legend™ deliberately ending the career of a fellow professional:

What a nice chap.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Another wendyballer choosing his moment with sensitivity to tweet some old pics
    “Fowler wrote: ’80’s theme fancy dress 2 years ago… Any guesses. Not Chris Kamara!”

BoardinBob

July 2008

Antonio Margarito inflicts a savage beating on Miguel Cotto, leading to Cotto’s first ever professional loss.

Margarito was later found to be using illegal hand wraps which would have contributed to the beating he inflicted. He was banned for a year and stripped of his title.

Cotto finally got revenge last month, with a 10th round TKO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bob, great pics, great story, thanks!

Also, although I can’t find a picture, Daley Thompson with the Guinness logo scribbled out.

Drac

A topical one but can’t find a good pic.

BoardinBob

A topical one but can’t find a good pic.

Someone talking to a judge in a fight Khan clearly lost? Hmm, controversial

Drac

No one can approach the judge during a fight, no has been able identify who this guy was and the score card has some alterations on it. If they hadn’t been altered Khan would have won.

rusty90
    Free Member

Johnny Hoogerland vs. French TV car

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pics not arguments, please! Don’t make me call teh modz! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

boardingbob’s right. Can’t believe the scores were even close. (And I like Khan).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Dr Michaels ‘BuoyGate’.

During the qualifying round of the 2005 Malibu Open (a major tournament on the waterski calandar) multiple athletes complained that the course widened before their eyes following Michaels’ run. Michaels was the first competitor on the course for the men’s slalom event. Divers discovered a rigged course comprising of an underwater cable system which altered the width of the course. Michaels admitted the existence of the moveable buoys, but has said that a friend was responsible for moving the buoys, not himself.

This was to have been Michaels’ first entry in a pro event, having posted exceptional results in Mens 4 competition skiing at 34 mph. This revelation brings into question the legitimacy of Michaels’ Mens 4 records — 2 at 43 off, Aug. 15, 2004; 1 at 43 off, Aug. 24, 2003; and 2 ½ at 41 off, July 20, 2002 — all of which were set on this lake.
    2-4-6 buoys on Dr michaels run

2-4-6 buoys afterwards

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I preferred Friday Kylie. Can we have it back now please?

scaredypants

Blackhound

Good one MTG

Struggling to get a Decker / Budd to link correctly, will give up!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

andrewh
    Free Member

He wanted theme…

scruff
    Free Member

Can we have a pic of that pole vaulter lady please.

Drac

Can’t believe the scores were even close. (And I like Khan).

If we all agreed it wouldn’t be controversial.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For Blackhound;

TimP
    Free Member

for the Munster fans…

for the Welsh fans…

and a “We was robbed” for England fans too…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Marco, dear Marco.

Floyd Landis (if you need prompting)

Lance (if you can’t recognise him your daft)

Richard Virenque (for his Festina exploits)

scaredypants

no alberto ?

BoardinBob

bristolbiker
    Free Member

no alberto ?

Not yet, you wag – innocent until…. the ink has dried on the guilty verdict 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah… no Bertie from me.

But you can have

Ohhh sorry..

Michael Rasmussen (a la’ Chicken Legs)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This should keep things ticking along nicely.

swavis

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I don’t know what to make of Rasmussen. My, perhaps simplfied, reading of his case is that he lied on his whereabouts form – risking the hounds-of-hell-from-WADA and all that goes with it – rather than telling his wife he was shacked with another woman on another continent. I can’t decide if that’s so unbelievable its unbelievable or it’s just mad enough to be true?!?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Missy.. oh Missy.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Bauge and Kenny.

Until an hour ago Bauge was World Sprint Champion but has had his titles stripped for missing 3 out of competition tests…

and a better pic for the “photography” part of this thread

skywalker
    Free Member

Errr man, that is gross!

Jamie
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

I put him in cos’ of his “remarkable” performance in the Tignes stages on 07 TdF where he rode away from everyone, now..this could be skill, or it could not..but for some reason..I think it’s not..dunno why..my jury is still out..or not..

BoardinBob

No one can approach the judge during a fight, no has been able identify who this guy was and the score card has some alterations on it. If they hadn’t been altered Khan would have won.

Here’s the scorecard

The only alteration I can see is in round 7, where Khan was deducted his first point, so that would have made it a 10-8 round to Peterson. The judge has obviously marked the scores in the wrong column and changed it accordingly.

Sour grapes from Khan who thought Peterson would have been a walkover. The bookies also seriously under estimated him and I backed Peterson at 13/2 which was a steal.

Bregante

Greece’s golden couple. Kenteris and Thanou

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Friday Performance and Photography thread – The Controversial edition’ is closed to new replies.