Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 310 total)
  • Friday is Cotic day…
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Next question, what width rims??

For the SolarisMAX I went 35mm. Northwind did a whiney ( 😉 ) B+ is shit thread and Cy popped up saying that after exhastive testing 35mm was the best compromise for weight to tyre profile… plus I have scrapers on the Sherpa and they ain’t light!

jimplops

Next question, what width rims??

I’m running 29mm internal rims.

zokes
    Free Member

No pictures to hand, but imagine metalheart’s Soul without the layback, with XT discs, and with Crossmax SLRs, and you’d have a near identical bike to mine, even down to the finishing kit! The F-series forks feel like they were made for it.

Funny how we can end up with near identical bikes when at the time they were only sold as frames!

spev

As promised, it arrived and i’ve built it. I’ll make no apologies for not lining my tyre logos up or for the stem spacers, i’ve not decided how high I want the bars yet. I’ve left my forks at 160mm to try em out but i’ll prob drop em to 150mm next week
    PICCY HERE COS GOOGLE PHOTOS WONT LET ME SHARE IT NORMALLY

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Here you go, here’s my BFe 27.5 having a rest in the forest.

rOcKeTdOg

Spev

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

honourablegeorge

No new BFes yet then?

spev

Right then, lets try this, Bfe, Medium with loads of stem spacers and no lawn (although my wall could do with a repaint)

andeh

Urgh! I’m lusting after a new BFe, they’ve finally sorted the issues that were stopping me from upgrading my old blue one 😈

spev

Just fitted a Brand-X 150mm dropper, if it’s as smooth and reliable as the previous 120mm one then its another bargain. First ride last sunday was a riot, absolutely mental 🙂
    Anyone fitted 26+ to theirs yet?

NormalMan

Ok it’s not Friday and not a new bike but I started this thread so I will take the liberty of posting this:

Great to hear a bit of behind the company chat with Cy.

colournoise

Normal Man – Member
    Ok it’s not Friday and not a new bike

Agreed, but until today I hadn’t ridden my ‘old’ BFe since December last year (the Rocket is just too good everywhere…). Gave it some TLC yesterday and took it for a spin round the local woods this morning.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CjTDwy]2017 10 14 BFe 01[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

kayla1
    Free Member

BFe/beefy-

metalheart
    Free Member

A couple from my recent travels/outtings… (new wheels, does that count? 🙂 )

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ytyeqq]Looking back to Castlebay (Barra) and the Oban ferry (from Vatersay)[/url] by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ytyg1E]The finishing point…[/url] by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XM4esD]Looking back West somewhere in the Croick Estate[/url] by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

TheGhost
    Free Member

Metalheart what are the XFusion Mcqueens like? I’m thinking of getting some 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Metalheart what are the XFusion Mcqueens like? I’m thinking of getting some

Not really the best person to ask as they’re set up pretty firm and they don’t really get a thrash due to them being fitted to the b/packing mule… However I think I’d go the extra for the HLR’s (mine are the RL2’s… I think!) if I was getting again.

IIRC I set them up based at the recommended pressure +5 as they’d be fully loaded. Think I might have backed them off a little after the first ride. After that I’ve not touched them…

Not had any problems or issues with them though. Work fine for my purposes (definitely like the 34mm stantions).

gribble
    Free Member

After much time and mega faffing, I have finally got round to building my Bfe, finished for about a month now.

Enjoying riding again: ]Orange Bfe[/url]

NormalMan

@ gribble – really like that. I love orange bikes but somehow don’t own one!! 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Solaris with me woofer this arvo…

gribble
    Free Member

Normal Man – thanks, pleased with the colour. At least it looks ok, even if I am slow…

NormalMan

Here is a picture from earlier this week. Seemed like the right day to share it!! 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey, I’ve done a review of my Solaris, in case anyone’s interested…
    http://unduro.co.uk/mtb/review-cotic-solaris/

🙂

benp1

Solaris being used for some bikepacking tomorrow. Took me ages to get my winter orientated tyres sorted tubeless but now good to go

ssboggy

Had it a week or so but seeing as it’s Friday…..

NormalMan

@ssboggy

Really nice bike.

kayla1
    Free Member

Not new, not even Friday, but we had a smashing ride out yesterday-

grebcrelien
    Free Member

Corney Fell on the Cotic Flare Max

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Hqb3AP]IMG_20171210_131351[/url] by NeilH1954, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21gCvgo]IMG_20171210_131518[/url] by NeilH1954, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21gCq87]IMG_20171210_133329[/url] by NeilH1954, on Flickr

NormalMan

I thought I’d share a picture from the best ride I had on the Cotic in 2017.

Bregante

Bike pictured with a bridge, New Year’s Day ride and show off your Cotic threads all in one pic.

teethgrinder

‘New’ BFe to replace the old, old BFe.  Only done for the 44mm head tube so I could put the Yari’s on.

Akers

Teethgrinder, is that a new Bfe26? If so how and when did you get that? I’ve had one on order since February…😥

peteimpreza

I think he means new to him.

there is a cable stop on the seat tube so definitely not even the last edition never mind properly new

willej

New BFe26s are still on the boat, which is due to dock this weekend. We should start seeing them towards the end of next week or the week after, according to the latest update.

teethgrinder

Yup – new to me, not the new, new BFe.

It’s a 27.5″ frame and forks are 27.5″ as well but it has my 26″ wheels in from the old, old 26″ frame.  Will see how it goes in the big little woods of Chopwell tonight, but looks like loads of clearance for the inevitable mud for later in the year.

It was a toss up between this of a Sick Wulf 4130, but the wait would have meant my HB160 arriving before the Wulf, I think.

NormalMan

Pleased to see this thread get a new lease of life. Especially as there should be some mk4 Solaris owners soon!

snakebite
    Free Member

Heres mine with HLR McQueens. Having ridden on Pikes and Lyriks for as long as I can remember, these were as easy to set up after i de pressured them first, set slightly lower than the advised set up, they are plush, plenty of adjustment and I think they are stiff enough…

2.8 Maxxis and Hope 35 rims as per Cys recommendation. Its going on holiday to the Swiss Alps tomorrow

Flare Max

Burchy1
    Free Member

Here’s mine, a few weeks old now. I’m really happy with it, the longer reach is great for my monkey proportions!

roverpig

Already posted pictures of this elsewhere on the site, but no harm having one here too I suppose 🙂

Wondering whether it’s worth upgrading to the CC shock. Although it’s hard to imagine that the bike could get much better than it is already.

WildHunter2009

Will attempt to post pictures of my new BFe 650 when I get back tonight and pick it up from the shop. Got tired of waiting for a new 26 frame so just using my old wheels and forks as a stopgap until I can afford a set of pikes and new wheels.

snakebite
    Free Member

roverpig, im thinking the same thing,the rebound is still a bit quick on the rear shock even on slowest…

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘Friday is Cotic day…’ is closed to new replies.