Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • French+ebay+Me= International Incident
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Selling some bits on ebay. Had a message from a chap in France asking about cheaper shipping as i had quoted £15.
    Did a nice little reply saying as it’s out of uk I always send tracked, but would refund any difference if cheaper, that way He only pays for actual costs and no more.

Now, being nice and in the spirit of Anglo-French relations i ended the note with ‘Merci’, a smiley (like this 😀 ) and ‘petite Francais’ in brackets to say I knew very little french.

Touch my bum!!, but did I get a polite reply? No, Non, etc…
    Apparently my answer wasn’t good enough, as I was told to get off my arse and get the correct shipping amount, and my tiny bit of french highly insulting!!

Mind you, if I said he had a tiny, french penis then I’ll understand 😯

Pook

can you put that in English please?

matt_outandabout

Pook – Member

can you put that in English please?
    Cultural differences.

geoffj

Be careful – there is a scam where foreigners bid on stuff insist on the cheapest shipping, without tracking and then chargeback through PayPal. Sounds like you may have rumbled him!

*Reading that back, it all sounds a bit Enoch Powell – obviously not all foreigners LOL*

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Dust off your volume of robust english pejoratives then.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Cheers goffj, didn’t know about that one.

jova54
    Free Member

Tell him he entered a contract with you when he bid on the item and the contract included the price of the shipping.

Ask him very politely to pay you full amount within the specified timeframe and that if he doesn’t you will cancel his bid and second-offer to the next highest bidder or relist.

Jamie
    Free Member

Geoff’s called it.

ScotlandTheScared

Also – you put ‘petite francais’ in brackets. So you basically called him a small frenchman – which could be considered a bit off?

sslowpace
    Free Member

Cheers all. Napoleon complex it is then 🙂

nedrapier

Also – you put ‘petite francais’ in brackets. So you basically called him a small frenchman – which could be considered a bit off?

petite is the feminine adjective (petit is masculine). You had the masculine “francais” (as opposed to francaise), but he might have thought you were calling him a little french woman.

sq225917
    Free Member

like he’s not a bender being French…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No sense of humour them lot. If a frenchie called me a small rosbif in bad english I’d think it was funny!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘French+ebay+Me= International Incident’ is closed to new replies.