Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • French Pyrenees..Vernet-les-bains…any biking?
  • Trekster

Any well travelled stwers have any knowledge of biking in this area of the French Pyrenees?

ajantom

Canigou is covered in trails – just get a map of the local area.
    Last time I was there I cycled up from Prades to the top via jeep trails, and then down via old mining roads/trails that come out near Fillols. about 60km in total, with 25 of downhill 8)

There are also loads of trails up around Les Angles – about an hour up the Andorra road. It’s a ski resort in the winter, and I’m pretty sure some of the lifts are open all year round.

Trekster

Ta

grum
    Free Member

Les Angles has a bike park with uplift with some non-crazy DH routes. I think there are XC routes waymarked too. I never went there in the end on our trip but I looked into it and it seemed quite promising.

abductee
    Free Member
    Bregante

Look up la Molina bike park. A little further out from vernet les bains than les Angles but its superb and a lot of it is doable on a 140 mm trail bike

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I rode there yonks ago. Try the Col de Mantet, a road route, for a superb descent with brake fade. Oh it’s a dead end, but there was a cafe just over the top and a bit down the other side. Worth checking?

bikerls
    Free Member

Hi,

I lived there for the summer, I created a number of routes that might interest you!

http://xtmt.com/mountainbiking/adventure-kit.html

Any questions just ask.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘French Pyrenees..Vernet-les-bains…any biking?’ is closed to new replies.