Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Freeride Spain Ad in new Dirt?
  • Richyb
    Free Member

Anyone else see this? bizzare

mocha
    Free Member

It is, isn't it. That's Simon for you.
    Got at least one person talking about them, that's the idea, eh?

Richyb
    Free Member

Yeah i did think that after I posted. It does come across as slightly unhinged though and a bit catty. Ive been with Switchbacks and they didn't slag off Freeride Spain.

Guy sounds desperate.

GlennG
    Free Member

The guys an absolute c@ck, been with switchbacks 6 times and hes always having a pop and trying to stitch Mike up, he had a pop at one of the young guides a few years ago whilst we were driving in the uplift, lucky he didnt get a face full of fist, hes a f@cking unhinged loser and it amazes me that people still go out and stay with him.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I read that earlier..

doing himself no favours. i would rather stay at home and watch the fookin snooker than go out there lol!

some folk learn the hard way.

Ringo
    Free Member

Hmmm i went out with them for a long weekend last january. It was brilliant, i found him and his wife to be very nice down to earth people.

peakprowler
    Free Member

Simon has a ……. shall we say unique sense of humour … you either get it or goes completely over your head & you think he's a cock.. I think it comes from being a roadie & spending those long lonely hours in the saddle

Not seen the add but I wager it's his humour, can someone scan & post it.

One things for sure, both simon, Emma & Oscar are wonderfull hosts & offer a fantastic, if hard work holiday.

Matta
    Free Member

I would be keen to know what was said in the add?
    I have been with Michael at Switch-backs every year for the last 4 and never heard him slag anyone off.

giantjason
    Free Member

like matta i would be keen to see what the ad says.

can anyone post a pic/linky?

Wookster

Its on page 100, is it ok mod wist to up it up basically being a free ad and all? Cant face a ban!!!!!!!

Mark

Go ahead!

I'm interested too

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I can't do the linky photo thingy on my phone… But hopefully this link will take you to a crappy iPhone pic of the http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/big_nick/4280686407/

Wookster

Right it says, (as I have a blessing!!)

I knew I was crap when Mike from that other company came ripping past, the guy was just 2 Kool for school. I'm so cut up about it that i took to the drink, but that led to tears. If i was a real man we could fight and the loser has to move on! Maybe i should stick to the xc or rodie stuff. trouble is i love the dh and up lift too much. and who'd have thought that after providing the service for 8 years all year round I'd still love it! miust be the mix of great beers. **** it i'll do a cheap deal for our uplift and dh packages 495 euros for the week. that other company charge a wopping 695 euross. but as i said he is hevey cool.

right thtas it word for word!!!! seem its eather a piss rip or a dig eather way I'd go with either of them!!

plumber
    Free Member

can't see a problem with it, if its his humour then so be it – it wouldn't stop me going with either company

uplink
    Free Member

It's a bit bizarre for an ad [but not OTT ]sort of sounds like he's thinking out loud
    probably more suited to a blog

People are talking about it though 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

i find it a bit weird, mentions rival by name and then implies a fallout?

tbh it would put me off, its not a sense of humour thing its a throw the toys out the pram sort of thing as far as i can see. the other lot might be every inch as bad but something like this would put me right off freeride spain

Kit
    Free Member

Is there not a bit of history between them? I found Simon to be a nice guy, but yes his sense of humour is one you have to tune into.

atlaz
    Free Member

Generally if you have to talk down the competitors rather than talk yourself up; you're not confident in your product, be it cans of beans, oranges or biking holidays.

Matta
    Free Member

Thank you Wookster for typing the add out.

It sounds like sour grapes to me hidden behind a hint/weird sense of humour, but the dig about the prices I find odd as the package from Michael is very very good. transfers from airports, lodgings, food & guided. All for €445! a week. I will be back there.

chakaping
    Free Member

How bizarre.

It reads like when somebody posts on an internet forum after drinking heavily.

Edukator
    Free Member

Where do Toro Loco fit into all this?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Went with Freeridespain 6 years ago, and then Switchbacks a couple of years later. Thought Freeride was better to be honest. Mike tried to fob us off that taking out a group of 12 riders (with just one guide!) on a day trip would help us all get to know each other. Cue party getting spread out, the fast guys at the front fed up with waiting, the slow guys at the back fed up cos it was too technical. Mike seemed to want to scare us witless on the most exposed trails he could find rather than tailoring it to the group (or even, perhaps, split the group up,but that would mean two guides and be more costly for the business???)

I probably wouldn't go back with Switchbacks but would go again with Freeridespain. Both have a different sense of humour, didn't have an objection to the general hospitality and friendlyness of either companies really.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Freeride Spain Ad in new Dirt?’ is closed to new replies.