Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Free parking in Shrewsbury?
  • Simwit

Does anyone on here live in or near Shrewsbury? A friend and I are looking to do the Trans Cambrian Way from Knighton to Dovey junction in a couple of weeks and are planning our logistics. We think our best bet is to park in Shrewsbury and taxi it to the start in Knighton so that we avoid the akward last leg on the train getting back. Does anyone local know of anywhere we can park our car for 3 days that is either cheap or free?, alternatively are there any STW'ers in Shrewsbury that fancy letting us park at theirs and giving us and 2 bikes a lift to the start in exchange for a few quid? You'd be more than welcome to join us for a ride obviously.

Simwit

Oops wrong forum I believe, sorry

RoterStern
    Free Member

I'm not a hundred percent sure but there used to be free parking over the Welsh Bridge heading away from the centre of town and then on the right just after the bridge. failing that, seeing as you have got your bikes with you I would suggest leaving your car further out of town and riding to the train station (it would be safer for your car too IMHO).

Olly
    Free Member

i always leave mine in asda car park, a short walk from town, cause i'm cheap.

wouldn't have thought there would be a problem leaving it overnight.

if that fails, just find a residential road and dump it there? no one will know/care whos it is.

walleater

Park it in Harlescott with a big sign in the window saying "E.B.F. ARE C*NTS."

Simwit

Cheers for the replies guys.Walleater, I'm gonna have to research the E.B.F thing but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the most clever thing to do 😯

Rorschach
    Free Member

"tru dat will" :mrgreen:

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

"English Border Front". The firm of Shrewsbury Town Football Club, from the 80s. Still some local hardnuts involved in it. Harlescott is one huge housing/council estate where I suspect many live.

Rich
    Free Member

Haha, I remember them, and TYO, where I lived growing up.

Storer76

Feel free to leave any vehicles on my ex-mother-in-law's drive. I'm sure she won't mind…

piha
    Free Member

Could try the railway station carpark 😉

armchairbiker

I'm a bit lost here "We think our best bet is to park in Shrewsbury and taxi it to the start in Knighton". Long way from Shrewsbury to Knighton.

There's a couple of streets in Copthorne – just 5-10mins from Frankwell (just over Welsh Bridge and near Dave Mellors).

Ping me direct for more details – I literally live there, but sorry my drive is already fully utilised

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Free parking in Shrewsbury?’ is closed to new replies.