Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Frank been a naughty boy?
  • allthegear
    Free Member

I really hope not 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18880417

Rachel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Positive test reported! 😯

crikey
    Free Member

Johann Bruyneel must be shocked…

…that he got caught.

RustySpanner

Ah bollocks.

Does this mean the media backlash starts tomorrow?

RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-announces-adverse-analytical-finding-for-frank-schleck-at-tour-de-france

Could be a false positive.

Just embarrassing for him tbh, he’s sucked hard this tour.

Klunk
    Free Member

he did kind of “pep up” mid tour.

crazy-legs

Technically, it’s not a positive doping test – he’s been caught using a “specified substance” which isn’t performance enhancing in itself but can be used as a masking agent to hide genuine performance enhancing drugs.

Or he may just be suffering from water retention…

😉

Is anyone really surprised? Both the Schlecks were implicated in Operation Puerto…

crikey
    Free Member

Mmmm, Doctor Eufemanio Fuentes must be shocked…

..that he got caught.

Klunk
    Free Member

maybe it was something to mask the pain of not being paid ?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Mask the pain of being away from his brother. awwwww.

Certainly wasnt performance enhancing given his 5hit form all year.

crikey
    Free Member

Pat McQuaid must be shocked…

…that he got caught.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Frank is on the naughty step, Andy gets the top bunk and is allowed to stay up and watch the A-team with milk and biscuits

crikey
    Free Member

Hein Verbruggen must be shocked…

…that he got caught.

MoreCashThanDash

Jeez, it will cast a shadow over what has been a good tour so far – still, every rest day, always a drugs story.

And as someone has already said, he did perk up mid tour 😕

crikey
    Free Member

Lance must be amazed.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Whats the problem, its not on the banned list?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Believe it is?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

pulled out now.

donsimon
    Free Member

Technically, it’s not a positive doping test – he’s been caught using a “specified substance” which isn’t performance enhancing in itself but can be used as a masking agent to hide genuine performance enhancing drugs.

That’ll be enough.

aa
    Free Member

frank has performed ‘unbelievably’ at times, it’s no surprise.

When somebody climbs any mountain at the same pace of faster than their contemporaries but show no sign of effort, whem everyone around them is f*kd then it looks suspicous. The schleks have on occasion done exactly this.

The doctor, i dont understand, the diuretic is being reported as bei g on the uci banned list.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And so, a great Tour (At least for British riders!) will be soured by a drug scandal. AARGH.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And so, a great Tour (At least for British riders!) will be soured by a drug scandal. AARGH.

2nd isn’t it? Although the other one was the dopeing story equivalent of a post dated cheque.

Better than previous years, not had whole teams eliminated yet.

deviant
    Free Member

Was bemused when I heard this, how would a diuretic help improve performance? Surely these guys need to remain as hydrated as possible….then someone mentioned it can be used as a masking agent for genuine performance enhancing drugs….enough said, ban him.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Here we go again 🙁

mudshark
    Free Member

Oh flip, he’s on my Fantasy Tour team, not that he’d justified his cost yet but I was hoping to get more points from him over the next few days. Perhaps I put too much pressure on him?

hora
    Free Member

Bursts rabidly into the room…have they got smackhead Armstrong yet?

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah there would be no direct benefit of taking diuretics. But they increase your urinary volume and therefore decrease the concentration of any other substances, presumably with the aim of taking the concentration beneath the detection threshold.

It’s very suspicious, although without knowing the accuracy of the assay to test for the xipamide itself, I have no idea what the false-positive rate is.

This looks like a good article for anyone interested in the physiology:
    http://www.anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/ebooks/doping/chapter15.pdf

(Xipamide is a thiazide-like diuretic in the same class as indapamide which is mentioned in the article, I don’t think it mentions xipamide separately)

nicko74

I did snigger, in a ‘not funny’ way during the ITV4 interview with Jens Voigt. “Yes, this tour is clean”.

Question is really – how stupid? Surely it has to be a mistake on Schleck’s part – reinjecting previously tainted blood? You wouldn’t think that you could use something like a diuretic during the Tour and not be noticed, shirley?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit shit if he did do something naught, bit off a surprise too.

Bit shit that..

“shrugs and will still watch the TdF”

mefty
    Free Member

Crikey is surprised

mintimperial

Oh dear. 🙁

Don’t like Frank much to be honest, but this is just a bit sad really.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

If he’s doped up and getting beat by other riders in the mountains/on tt’s it must be crap stuff or……

brakes
    Free Member

dammit. I was hoping he was saving himself for the Pyrenees and was going to launch an uber-attack on a hors hill, flashing his chest as he went across the line with “Fwanky wuvs Andy” written across it.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

twistedpencil

nicko74 – leave Jens out of this 🙂

Any man that can face plant like him needs utmost respect. ‘Ard as nails.

I’m buying his argument that this is a cleaner tour than in previous editions. F Schleck did a Landis in a small way with been blown out of the back of the peleton at the start of the mountains to riding with the leaders a few days later. Wait for the ‘I had a few beers to cheer myself up’ argument to complete the circle.

Wonder what Andy’s been taking while recuperating…

atlaz
    Free Member

Both the Schlecks were implicated in Operation Puerto

I know we don’t want to let facts get in the way of things but the only one who was implicated was Frank. And cleared (admittedly by his own national anti-doping agency)

It’s not like Frank was a GC contender. If Cadel suddenly tested positive then yes, soured. For me I find the cynicism of Brailsford now deciding to “investigate” his team doctor (once it has become a question in the press) more of a shadow on Team Sky’s performance than Frank getting busted.

hora
    Free Member

Maybe there was a Butchers in town that his friend couldn’t remember quite where it was when asked? 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Al least Sky, or as the French are now calling them ‘UK Postal’ are clean….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Frank been a naughty boy?’ is closed to new replies.