Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Framw hose guide modification
  • robh

Years ago I seem to remember someone modified a loop style closed guide to allow easy hose removal without disconnecting.

I think it was on an Inbred but it may hae been something else, anyone remember what was done or how would be a good way to do it?

I’ve got zip ties holding the hose currently but would like to neaten it up a bit.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You can tidy up zip ties by using a short piece of piping. It also secures the cable, so it won’t rub the frame.

robh

Fine for forks not so good on the frame though.

Should have said I’l not too bothered about ruining the paint as it’s goig to be refinished.

neilb67
    Free Member
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

It works anywhere you’d use a cable tie.

andyl
    Free Member

I like that cable tie trick. Will have a go at that on my forks.

robh

It works anywhere you’d use a cable tie.

[/quote]

Not saying it wouldn’t work just when you are holding the hose away from the forks it looks quite neat but when you have empty hose guides with that sticking out it wouldn’t look so neat.

May just play with the dremmel to see what I can do as one will be spare with a singe ring up front.

I also remember seeing someone drill the guides or split them or something a while ago so they were more like the clip or zip tie ones can’t remember how they did it though.

andyl
    Free Member

you could carefully drill through the base of the guide so you can pass a cable tie through from one side to the other, then trim the top off to open it just enough so you can push a cable outer in. Then just the cable tie to secure it. Should be okay on steel but wouldn’t on aluminium.

robh

Bump for the weekday lot.

Wish I could edit the title!

simon1975

I did what andyl suggested. Not neat but it worked:

robh

Simon, any close up pictures, and directions of what exactly you did?
    As I think that’s a lot neater than what I have currently.

simon1975

I’ve had that frame properly refurbished since then so I can’t get better photos. I used a hacksaw to cut through the loops in the middle and opened up them up a little with some pliers to turn them into open horseshoe shapes which cup the hose nicely. I may have actually removed a bit of metal too, I can’t remember, but I certainly filed them down to make them neater. Then I drilled the small holes for the cable ties.

robh

Cheers, I’ll have an attack with the dremel and see what I can do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Framw hose guide modification’ is closed to new replies.