Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox volume adjust spacers.
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just swapped my normal can to an XV version and bought a volume adjuster kit at the same time.

Does anyone know the difference in volume between the 2 air cans? Just thinking of what to start with i.e. is the big can + big spacer ~~ small can and no spacer.

sam2391
    Free Member

I know they are .2, .4 and .6 cubic inch spacers but no idea how big the air cans are

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s about as much as I know 🙁

If no one knows I’ll just stick the bigun in and see how it fares. I’m looking for more travel and less sag, previously I was at 30%+ sag and not using the last 3rd of the travel at all.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I would have thought more travel and less sag = higher pressure larger air volume i.e. small air volume will ramp up more quickly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I would have thought more travel and less sag = higher pressure larger air volume i.e. small air volume will ramp up more quickly.

yes, but I’m starting with a bigger can so big can + big spacer should put me in the same or similar position to the original small can, and I can tweak it from there.

Just wondered if that was about right, or if i was actually going to make things worse.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My first try would be large can no spacers , then try adding spacers as required.

Mugboo

Is there a version for rockshox?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not that I’ve seen, but most of their shocks have high and low volume options so there’s an opportunity for some coarse adjustment at least. If they’re anything like the fox ones though you could adjust the volume by packing the 2nd chamber with electrical tape or grease.

Mugboo

Ta 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox volume adjust spacers.’ is closed to new replies.