Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox RP23 boost valve high volume air can problem, help!
  • mullers68
    Free Member

I decided to put one of the fox air volume spacers in 2011 RP23 BV high volume unit but am now stuck as when I try to screw the air can there seems to be a sleeve that moves round and up and down a couple of mm but not unscrew and there is only about 50mm below this which is impossible to grip on to to unscrew.

I now don’t know whether the sleeve is tightened up as it still goes round, I would like to avoid the eye rolling at the LBS if anyone can help.

honourablegeorge

I have the very same thing, although I haven’t got around to taking a proper look at it yet.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Are you talking abour the outer air sleeve?

If so remove the retaining C clip at the bottom and slide the outer sleeve off the main unit (you’ll have to give it a bit of a yank as there is a lip and it has two o rings). This then will allow you to unscrew the main body

mullers68
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply steve, there looks there is a seal with a slight gap is that the C clip. If so how would you get it out as I don’t want to damage it.

stevepitch
    Free Member

you got any pics, does it look like this

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb3883988/p4pb3883988.jpg

steel4real
    Free Member

I use one of these on the lower (narrower) part of the air can:-

Get a Grip !

No need to disassemble the sleeve 🙂

mullers68
    Free Member

Yes thats the bugger, can’t find any guides or videos for it online.

mullers68
    Free Member

All sorted now, like you said just needed to ease out the clip and gently slide the sleeve down. Used the medium spacer and its meant I can drop nearly 30psi for same sag.
    Just have to see if it makes any differance on the trail now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 boost valve high volume air can problem, help!’ is closed to new replies.