Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fox Rhythm forks – anyone ridden one yet?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

The 34 Rhythm with Grip damper (sweep dial version) in particular.

I’m well out of touch with Fox stuff. The 3-pos Grip damper on the Performance fork got a good review on PB though, so perhaps it’s a case of decent damping in a more basic chassis?

chakaping
    Free Member

bump

butterbean
    Free Member

Yep. It was on a demo Spesh I rode.

All round good fork.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks butterbean – could you tell if it had decent damping?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had a demo Fuel 9.8 that had one on for a while before I decided to race one this year, then had it on loan until mine turned up.

It was a good fork, no real issues, damping felt fine, the only difference over my Factory 34 I would say is the rebound felt a little spiky on really rough stuff.

I think the chassis is essentially the same between them, apart from the stanchion colour – the damper is just slightly more basic. Purely from a cosmetic perspective, the blue dial looks a bit budget compared the Factory stuff.

It’s a good fork, i’d have run one.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s really useful to hear, thanks.

On par with a Pike, or a bit more spiky? I ride quite a lot of rough stuff.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s probably a decent way of putting, like a Pike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers. I dawdled a bit too long and missed the secondhand bike it was on.

Was a Fuel EX actually. Bit gutting as it was a good price, but I think the 19.5 might actually have been a touch too big for me.

dubber
    Free Member

Saw that fuel in the classifieds … great price I thought. I have that particular one on order and have brought a set of 29er wheels to go with it .

The fork gets great reviews from what I’ve read.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If the ST length is manageable, the frame has a really low standover. I’m just over 6′ tall & probably have 80mm of seatpost showing with a 150mm dropper.

This is on the 19.5″ frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m definitely still considering one for my next trail bike. I’d have had to take a hacksaw to the seat tube on the large though.

Hopefully getting a try on a medium soon.

What wheels did you get Dubber? Not many options out there at present.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Considering i’m a total brand snob, i’ve been very impressed with it – it’s a great bike.

It’s my one & only – it gets used for standard trail stuff, will race enduro all year & probably 6-7 DH races too. I think for me, it’s probably quicker than old Patrol.

Take the numbers with a bit of a pinch of salt though, mine with a 140mm F34 on it (29″ wheels) in the low setting has a 65.8d HA on it – a little out on Treks published numbers! Even in the high setting it’s slacker than the advertised low number.

It was a pleasant surprise for me!

dubber
    Free Member

@chakaping

Managed to get some WTB I29 asym rims on hope pro4 boost hubs tubeless ready, 2nd hand but unused for a decent price.

Just need to get some tyres now … waiting for on-one to do a sale and then gonna give some chunky monkey & smorgasbord tyres a go . Also been looking at Vee-tires but not heard much about them.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

I have the Rhythm forks on my trance, they seem great to me, easy to set up, love the through axle. Plough through anything.

Caveat; My previous bike had suntour XCM :/

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Got the Rhythms on my EX too – I had thought I may wind up changing them… but actually pretty impressed so far.

I went with the 27.5+, then popped some Hope 29″ wheels in. Very happy with it… just need to ride the thing more 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fox Rhythm forks – anyone ridden one yet?’ is closed to new replies.