Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fox Launch Enduro Kneepads
  • sykik
    Free Member

I’m after some lightweight, all day riding pads and have come across the new ‘Fox Launch Enduro’ which seem to fit the bill. Has anyone here tried them at all?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I have the “fox launch” ones. They are not enduro pads and can only be used for DH, XC or plain old fashioned mountain biking.
    The quality is lovely in the box, however I found the fit was a bit off and I ended up adding a lot of Velcro to keep them In place.

They have recently been replaced with POCvpd2.0 which are far superior in every way.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

‘Enduro’ kneepads haha!

sykik
    Free Member

The normal Launch pads are too bulky for what I need. The Enduro ones are a more minimal version but was just wondering about fit and comfort. I can’t find any reviews on them at all.

legend
    Free Member

are they 650b compatible?

sykik
    Free Member

Welcome to Pinkbike 🙄

scottfitz
    Free Member

Look more trail knee pads than enduro.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I Bought a pair of these at the weekend and tested em out on Saturday, I chose between these and the POC vpd 2.0 however I didn’t chose between them in the sense of they’ll do the same job. I chose the fox for 75% of my riding and I’ll further down the line buy the POC as well. The POC will be good for bpw and the alps but are overkill for the rest of my riding. Some people would take the view of why bother with such minimal protection, however, I love the leg coverage for when it’s slightly cooler and fairly muddy and was considering some leg warmers as I can’t wear a bib when it gets even marginally warmer, I’m also sick of taking small tumbles and being covered in scratches and scabs, it may look cool on you hairy legged men but on women’s legs it’s getting to be ridiculous. Only you and your riding can decide whether you want this amount of protection, ignore other peoples comments about whether it’s pointless or not. They won’t protect you from huge offs and in that instance you should wear something more substantial but these are pads I’m going to wear for 75% of my riding, the same reason why in summer I wear a full facer in my local riding spot, I’d rather not be battered and broken and covered in scabs all the time.

The pads themselves fit, for me anyway, like a second skin and they’re the most comfy set I have tried and I’ve tried a few now, they didn’t move over the ride and were exactly what I wanted from a lightweight minimal set of pads.

sykik
    Free Member

Thanks GolfChick, exactly what I needed to hear 😀

Because of knee injuries I wear Neoprene knee supports to help stability but having pads over the top of those is uncomfortable and bulky. Those new Fox pads look like they will give the support I need with the added bonus of a little protection for the majority of my riding. I have some Troy Lee T-Bone pads for when I need lots of protection but they are horrendous for peddling around in.

chiefgrooveguru

I have the “fox launch” ones. They are not enduro pads and can only be used for DH, XC or plain old fashioned mountain biking.
    The quality is lovely in the box, however I found the fit was a bit off and I ended up adding a lot of Velcro to keep them In place.

They have recently been replaced with POCvpd2.0 which are far superior in every way.

I tried six pairs of pads before I went with the Launch Pros – they’re the only ones that came close to fitting comfortably. Now I’ve had them for six months odds they’re remarkably unnoticeable until you crash. One of my mates has those POC pads – he can only wear them for downhill because they rub too badly to pedal in.

Conclusion: Everyone’s legs are different sizes and shapes, what works for you might not work for everyone else and vice versa.

pymwymis
    Free Member

I have fox pro’s and yes they are great for pedalling in. Very comfy.

nealy
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro knee pads are great, you don’t notice you’ve got them on even on 7 hour rides

brack
    Free Member

I mainly ride cx and gave been looking at these.

Some of the reviews appear to be for the launch pros rather than the launch pro enduros…??

What do the ‘frequent fallers’ reckon abouth the rather limited padding in the enduros?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fox Launch Enduro Kneepads’ is closed to new replies.