Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fox f100 rl vs rs reba xx
  • pan
    Free Member

I need some new forks and i have narrowed it down to either some 2009 fox f100 rl forks or some 2010 reba xx forks. I no there is a £120 difference in price which ones would people recommend?

help please 😯

clubber
    Free Member

Rebas. That way you don't have to deal with Mojo should you have any problems.

Function-wise they're both good.

pinches
    Free Member

i've got F100 RLs, never had any issues with mojo.

i sent my forks off in "good" condition for a standard service, came back looking brand new, new decals, paint fully touched up, brand new seals/bushings etc etc

only thing i noticed between my rebas and F100s is the F100 was nearly half a pound lighter.

neninja
    Free Member

Have previously used Reba SL and now have Fox F100RL

I preferred the Reba SL's as they seemed to be smoother and react better in high and low speed compression. This made them feel plusher over small bumps and absorb big hits with no drama. You simply didn't notice them, they just got on with smoothing out the trail which is perfect in my book.

My Fox RL have done less than 1000 miles so I'm hoping they will break in and get better. I've found with them that if the sag is set correctly they are harsh and only use 1/2 their travel but if the sag is increased they cope better with big bumps but are too soft in the first part of their stroke. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from them.

Eggbox
    Free Member

I've found with them that if the sag is set correctly they are harsh and only use 1/2 their travel but if the sag is increased they cope better with big bumps but are too soft in the first part of their stroke

+1

njee20
    Free Member

That way you don't have to deal with Mojo should you have any problems.

Mojo are far far better than Fishers!

I'd go for the Reba personally (assuming you're going for a thru-axle, otherwise I'd have a SID). Although I wouldn't bother to get the XX one, depends how much you use the lockout.

retro83
    Free Member

I've found with them that if the sag is set correctly they are harsh and only use 1/2 their travel but if the sag is increased they cope better with big bumps but are too soft in the first part of their stroke

isn't there some mod to fix this? Cutting down the push rods or something similar. Have a search on MTBR, I think Push perform it as part of their upgrades as well.

neninja
    Free Member

isn't there some mod to fix this? Cutting down the push rods or something similar. Have a search on MTBR, I think Push perform it as part of their upgrades as well.

Thanks – I'll have a look for it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fox f100 rl vs rs reba xx’ is closed to new replies.