Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox Air Spring Volume Tuning Kit
  • Whyte1
    Free Member

Has anybody tried this mod ?

I’m looking at trying it and was wondering how easy the spacers are to fit and if you can get them individually as i’d only need the thinner one

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, dead easy to fit just push onto the shaft after you’ve lifted the washer and bump stop.
    Come in packs of 3, but I may have a kit I’ve opened, mail me and I’ll check on monday, if not have full kits in stock at a good price 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

I fitted the middle one to my RP3 to firm up the end stroke and it worked nicely.

My mate has the little one in his RP23 to do the same

stevepitch
    Free Member

Does anyone know if these work on the XV sleeve RP23’s?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes should do as the eyelet and inside diameter of th eair can is the same, just the extra volume sleeve on the outside of the inner can is different, I think it’s just the DRCV shocks and some other random units that they don’t work with.

Whyte1
    Free Member

thanks loco your a star speak Monday

granny_ring

LoCO YGM

stevede
    Free Member

Just to add to this thread rather than start a new one – i fitted the medium of the 3 spacers to the fox evolution rl on my 2012 Five this week. Before this i was finding that with the right amount of sag for my preferred set up of about 1/3 travel the shock would blow through its travel and bottom out on bigger hits and big compressions but running the shock any harder would have the back end skipping around more than i’d like, i phoned Mojo who were very helpfull and the bloke in the workshop who i spoke to also ran a five and had a medium spacer fitted so i ordered the kit.
    The job of fitting the spacer was easy as, didn’t even bother taking the shock off the bike to do it, had it’s first proper ride yesterday on some local dh tracks and found that with the medium spacer fitted (i’m about 14st kitted up) i was able to run 1/3 sag without it bottoming out even on bigger drops, was running near on to full travel as i’d expect on the bigger stuff but without the harsh bottom out, job done and no expensive custom tune required, happy with that for less than £20.

MarkyG82

Sorry for resurecting and old thread.

Looking into this mod as its the same as what i used to do on my older bombers by increasing the oil volume. One thing that concerns me is it seems to be for the heavier riders to prevent bottom out. I’m only wee but the descriptions of the results sound like what I want. confused.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sorry for resurecting and old thread.

Looking into this mod as its the same as what i used to do on my older bombers by increasing the oil volume. One thing that concerns me is it seems to be for the heavier riders to prevent bottom out. I’m only wee but the descriptions of the results sound like what I want. confused.

If you’re running not much sag and still bottoming out they they might solve your problems.

MarkyG82

See thats not the case. I like my setup to be active and I find that to get the correct sag I have to run too much pressure. Its blowing through the mid but not active enough on the small and never seem to get full travel unless I really slam it. The full travel part I’m not too worried about but I’d like it to at least be more active over small bumps. I’m right in thinking the smaller volume alows lower pressure to be run?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox Air Spring Volume Tuning Kit’ is closed to new replies.