Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fork info inside (weight, A-C etc)
  • daveh
    Free Member

I see a lot of questions on this type of stuff, and being a bit of a saddo I created myself a spreadsheet to compare various attributes before buying my last set of forks. It’s not comprehensive but perhaps does contain the usual suspects:

Let me know if you spot any errors.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That’s actually perfect for me at the minute. Really helpful. Cheers mate.

daveh
    Free Member

Spotted one myself already!: Lyric RC2 DH A-C of 555mm is at 170mm not 160mm.

daveh
    Free Member

No worries my friend. If you fancied another drive over you could compare the Slants versus a set of Revelation RLs for yourself, I have both.

wrecker
    Free Member

Could you add a column for the 170 forks? Seems madness not to have it in there. Is the 55CR the same dimentions as the 55 RC3 Ti?

daveh
    Free Member

OK, 170mm added (missing originally as it wasn’t of any interest to me) and some additional Marzocchi stuff:

And BTW, when I say ‘no’ the travel can’t be changed, that’s either not at all or not without buying new assemblies.

tops5
    Free Member

160mm Pikes would be helpful – if you’re not doing owt 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

Slant weights look fine to me – my DLA are 1963, but that’s with a bit of steerer cut off 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

So looking at that, regarding a-c, slants are fine on the meta am and sx if you compare them to the stock fox forks on full builds?

wwaswas

*asks what size wheels these forks are for*

*runs away before the shouting starts*

daveh
    Free Member

160mm Pikes are the same as DP Pikes @ 160 i.e. 542mm 🙂

They’re all std mountain bike forks so 26″, or are you suggesting that there’s more than one wheel size?! 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, i’ve ordered the Slants now so all is well, i really appreciate the help guys.

daveh thanks again.

acidchunks

Damn you!*

This has done nothing to quell my burning desire to replace the Rev RLs on my Heckler with DLA Slants as I can happily live with a less than 200g weight increase.

(*Thank you!)

daveh
    Free Member

This has done nothing to quell my burning desire to replace the Rev RLs on my Heckler with DLA Slants

😆 Its a service I provide!

Edit: Oh, and you should do it btw, far superior forks!

tops5
    Free Member

Very useful thankyou! 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Boom, just picked them up.

daveh
    Free Member

That’s the most unusual bicycle I’ve seen in a long time! Where do the wheels go? When you building the beasty up?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

no wheels mate, you rock back on the chair then forward onto the forks 🙂

This weekend, except i need a mech and seatpost.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fork info inside (weight, A-C etc)’ is closed to new replies.