Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Forest of Dean Campsites
  • ridingscared
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful site near the cycle centre please- just need somewhere for Friday night . Thanks.

franki
    Free Member

I’ve always stayed at Bracelands near Christchurch. Been going there for years with no problems. It’s a nice spot and much quieter than the Christchurch site just up the road.

http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning/our_sites__locations/england/forest_of_dean/bracelands.aspx

psling
    Free Member

Tent or Camper Van and which direction you coming in from?

ridingscared
    Free Member

small tent -coming from Bristol.

psling
    Free Member

Just wondered – they have Camper Van camping at Redhill Extreme on the A4151 just off the A48 going towards Cinderford. Worth contacting them, a tent for 1 night may be OK with them.

There aren’t many campsites close to Pedalabikeaway. There’s the FC sites as franki says, there’s a site near Coleford called Rushmere Farm, another called Cherry Orchard Farm. There’s the CSMA site at Parkend but I think you have to be a member of CSMA for that one. Could even wild camp for 1 night though 😉

thefod
    Free Member

Agree with psling not many close to the cycle centre, but all within 10 minutes ish drive.
    CSMA is about £23 to pubic and that’s only 5mins by car away from the cycle centre plus they have a bar with Export on tap 🙂
    Whitemead FoD

ridingscared
    Free Member

psling- hadn’t thought of redhill, i’ll give Neil a ring. good shout.

Marko

From Bristol? Got to be the Beeches then:

http://www.beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Mind you it’s at least 20 minutes to the FoD.

Hth
    Marko

ridingscared
    Free Member

that beechs looks perfect- much appreciated

allthepies
    Free Member

Was at Bracelands this weekend just gone, nice campsite. We tried to book in advance at several others which were all full so bear that in mind.

ridingscared
    Free Member

booked the beechs because its cheap, looks nice and i can have a proper fire. Thanks for all the tips, much appreciated.

st

Beeches is nice, you will like it. 3 of us are stopping there on Friday en route from Cwm Carn to FoD.

ridingscared
    Free Member

cool, if you see a stressed out old man and a raging 7 year old with bikes say hello.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Campsites’ is closed to new replies.