Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • for those with knee issues….
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Someone I know mentioned they had been taking glucosomine tablets daily and said it had significantly improved the health of their knees. Now due to a lifetime of sport the cartilage in mine is in a poor state, despite a few ops over the years, so I thought I’d give em a try.

Well….after a month or two, I’ve actually felt good enough to start running again, without any soreness afterwards. Amazing! 😀

funkrodent

Knees are a constant source of bother for me. Have been taking cod liver oil over the last few weeks and there seems to be some improvement. Will pick up Glucosamine today. Thanks for the tip!

ton

I always thought glucosamine was a placebo type thing? maybe it’s not.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

any particular knee thing or all of them? I’m guessing it won’t fix menisci tears, damaged ligaments, flat feet or a few others 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

It allegedly helps rebuild cartilage….which I didn’t believe was possible, but hey things have definitely improved. I too have taken cod liver oil tablets for a number of years without any obvious benefit, so was very surprised about how my knee had improved. (My knee has had torn meniscus btw)

You can buy 360 for £12 off Amazon.

ton

I think anything that makes your knees feel better is worth trying.
    one thing however is, do not let em operate on your knees if possible…try physio or chiropractors 1st. worst thing I did was have my knees opened up. they are both worse than before.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

The power of the subconsious is amazing!!!! – according to peer recognised trials of glucosamine it is all in your head as it does not have any positive effect – however I will keep taking my dose as it seems to work for me 😛

binners

I took the same advice off here too. A few people recommended them. I take one of those and a cod liver oil tablet every day. My rugby injury-ravaged knee nackeredness has been greatly improved.

I don’t care if its all in my head, or not. The voices are too. And they’re never wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve been taking it everyday for 2 years (bought multi packs from Zipvit). It’s made no difference whatsoever. I’ll keep taking them until I get to the end of the bag, just in case it miraculously makes a difference with the last tablet.

binners

You’ve got to believe Dezzy Baby. Its just your cynicism thats preventing your cure. Open up your mind Dezzy…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ll keep taking them until I get to the end of the bag, just in case it miraculously makes a difference with the last tablet.

😆

binners

A sentiment I’ve heard echoed many times in various clubs during the 90’S 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

one thing however is, do not let em operate on your knees if possible…try physio or chiropractors 1st. worst thing I did was have my knees opened up. they are both worse than before.

and the missus will swear the opposite, meniscul tears that were sorted with arthroscopies and the cruciate wasn’t going to get any better.

DezB
    Free Member

I wouldn’ta buyed em if I didn’t BELIEVE! (Or at least Hope!)

rebel12
    Free Member

You can buy 360 for £12 off Amazon

Which ones would you recommend/worked for you?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Joint Care Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCL 1000mg (360 tablets)

from Transform medical

Is wot I bought! Re the power of the subconcious….if that was the case, then the cod liver oil tablets would have had that effect. My left knee is the major problem, torn/worn/trimmed meniscus, damaged ACL, bone on bone…I was supposed to have another op in 2010 but gave up running, felt better and cancelled it. Pain has come and gone, but attempts at running again tend to cause soreness. Now it doesn’t, although will take it easy.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

i thought it was useless without condroitin (marine stuff) as its that which does repair? glucosamine just maintains/lubricates

if i remember right the really good stuff is from shark cartilidge

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, I can only speak as I find….and don’t forget it was recommended to me by someone who found they had made a big difference.

At the end of the day, you’ve got £12 to lose, if they don’t work!

DezB
    Free Member

You can buy 360 for £12 off Amazon
    Which ones would you recommend/worked for you?

Cheaper from ZipVit. I wouldn’t pay too much for a placebo if I were you!

DezB
    Free Member

if i remember right the really good stuff is from shark cartilidge

What?? They kill sharks to make this shit?? Seriously?

binners

Well what the hell else am I supposed to do with the carcasses once I’ve made the fins into soup?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Rockape – well I’m prepared to give the tabs a try, 18 months after my accident my knee is still not right.

marthall
    Free Member

Had really bad Tendonitis in both knees last year. Went to consultant at Spire (Mr McNicholas) and he told me to take Condroitin and Glucosamine… it made a difference, but the thing that worked for me (apart from physio) was these… Regenovex Don’t buy cheap alternatives, they are power (not oily) and don’t work!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The way forward:

Body Geometry

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘for those with knee issues….’ is closed to new replies.