Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Football apartheid
  • yoshimi

I can't believe people are upset about being allowed to leave work early to watch their national team in the world cup

coffeeking
    Free Member

So the OP works in a company that rigidly enforces working times?

I've no idea, but it's a fair assumption of most workplaces in the UK.

As above, if you want it off to see a game, book it off and leave work for it, simple, everyone happy.

I can't believe people are upset about being allowed to leave work early to watch their national team in the world cup

I think you're missing the point really, its not the people being allowed to leave to do something they want that are complaining, it's the ones who don't want to watch it but almost undoubtedly won't be able to take a half-day break at a time of their choosing without comments being made?

ourmaninthenorth

Afterall, lets face it. England is the football team version of Henman.

Er, Henman was pretty damned handy – at his height he was ranked 4th in the world.

When was the last time the England football team was that good? Oh yes, 1990, when they should have won the bl–dy thing..!

Nick

shouting at the screen whilst I'm talking on the phone busily typing furiously into STW

fixed it for you 🙂

As above, if you want it off to see a game, book it off and leave work for it, simple, everyone happy.

why do that if your company has decided to let you go and watch the game or brought a tv in for the day? oh because its just not fair!

hillarious!

anyway, I'm off to watch the game 🙂

yoshimi

To be fair coffeeking, if you asked me for the day off to watch kitesurfing I'd assume you were making it up

monkfish
    Free Member

Alternatively a much more productive use of an employees time is to post incessant drivel on an internet forum

hora
    Free Member

Jamie, whats the matter? He got his food and board paid for 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

To be fair coffeeking, if you asked me for the day off to watch kitesurfing I'd assume you were making it up

Yeah, well I suppose we can't be aware of all the sports that have been around for 15 years and are the fastest growing watersports in the western world, featured on several TV adverts over the last couple of years and seen at just about any sandy beach you go to 😆 Hell, the UK has hosted some of the biggest competitions and has some of the most well known players too, but if you're not aware then you're not aware I suppose!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have just come back from a quiet pub off Hatton Garden which does not have a tellybox, where I have been drinking alwe and talking bollocks. Judging by the cries echoing from the neighbouring buildings, Liverpool are romping to victory. It's all good. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

On the subject of kitesurfing – who wins and how? Is it more like gymnastics or horse-racing?

🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

This picture is so awesome it needs reposting.

They're not letting people out early at my place, if they want to watch the match they have to book 1/2 day off. They've unblocked net access to Radio 5 though, so people can listen to it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Football apartheid’ is closed to new replies.