Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fleetlights….good..bad…kerazy?? (have we done this??)
  • DrP

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNBte-xNGUg[/video]

Hmm…impressive technology I must admit, and I’d love to command a fleet of drones, but do we really need more light?
    Is this just part of the future of drones buzzing around our heads?!

I can see the use – dark rural areas. Not convinced the batteries will be big enough to fly great distances and illuminate usefully, but willing to be proven wrong!

DrP

hammyuk
    Free Member

We used to use something similar on the rescue units for incident lighting.
    Handy but fragile.
    LED’s now though could change that.

km79
    Free Member

Think I’ll stick with a torch thanks. Don’t need to phone it and wait for it to show up. Battery will last longer and if it’s a ‘tactical’ one I can smack a ne’er-do-well with it as well.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m honestly wondering if it should be April 1st….

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I like the fit looking cyclist in the green shirt……

alpin
    Free Member

WTAF….

must be a joke, surely?

would it just encourage more of this?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEcqnBaL_o[/video]

funkmasterp

It would be great for pulling a prank on a drunken idiot, would make them think they were about to get probed! I suppose they could be of use to the emergency services in some situations.

martinhutch

would it just encourage more of this?

What, bad use of Adobe After Effects?

I like the idea of a security drone, launched if sensors detect movement on your property, which then takes off and illuminates/films whatever it’s found.

Oh, and it’s clearly never going to happen.

. It is not intended for commercial purposes and the current legislations (i.e. 50m from any public building or person plus constant visual site of the drones) means that our service is only a future vision of what could be if there was a change in policy.

(Directline comment on the video)

DrP

Hummer..this must have been the secret dining you guys did..Mike in Orange I hear!

Looking good..mad skillz..dropping in etc etc

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

hummerlicious – Member
    I like the fit looking cyclist in the green shirt……

I can’t work out whether you fancy yourself or your Mrs 🙂 (at least DrP eliminated it being Mike)

molgrips
    Free Member

Brilliant way to freak out your mates. Even more so if you can fit a speaker.

DrP

Dining….filming…it’s all good..

DrP

wwaswas

Read The Peripheral by William Gibson for an excellent vision of where drone use by private citizens is heading.

Northwind

It seems like an actual honest to god excellent idea for emergency use- even small emergencies like breakdown crews but having a wee team of them on the roofrack of an ambulance ready to go would be a) probably really useful and b) frickin awesome.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It was a fun way to spend a couple of evenings and there was some really nice carrot cake too!

natrix
    Free Member

this must be some sort of marketing hoax, sureley????

ajantom

Read The Peripheral by William Gibson for an excellent vision of where drone use by private citizens is heading.

Excellent book!
    I might dig it out for another read.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fleetlights….good..bad…kerazy?? (have we done this??)’ is closed to new replies.