Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Flash RIP
  • DrJ
    wwaswas

Steve Jobs will be grinning in his grave.

stumpy01

What difference does it make to the average consumer??

swavis

I thought along these lines….

🙄

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

More secure software with less problems (ie crashing),that won’t require constant updates, and won’t drain battery power on mobile devices.

Apart from that…

stumpy01

trailofdestruction – Member
    More secure software with less problems (ie crashing),that won’t require constant updates, and won’t drain battery power on mobile devices.

Apart from that…

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing (my initial post wasn’t meant to sound confrontational, or whatever)…….but…….on my phone, which this article seems to be predominantly about (and tablets), I can’t say I have ever noticed flash constantly updating or crashing. Perhaps it updates in the background and the crashes recover without me noticing, but I have never found them to be an issue.

An improvement in battery life would be welcome, but if Flash draining the battery is such an issue why do iPhones seem to suffer the same sort of battery life as something that uses Flash?
    Again – a genuine question….?

It just seems a bit irrelevant to the vast majority of people who just get on & use the devices, while not really caring how they do what they do……

geoffj

I thought this thread was to signal the demise of the forums greatest cycling luggage accompaniment designer through excessive premium economy business travel.
    Glad it’s not though!

retro83
    Free Member

Great, so now we are stuck with shitty html5 video which needs different formats for different browsers. Brill. If browser makers could have agreed on h264 with AAC audio we’d be in a much better situation now.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

(my initial post wasn’t meant to sound confrontational, or whatever).

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight 😆

It just seems a bit irrelevant to the vast majority of people who just get on & use the devices, while not really caring how they do what they do……

and you are 100% right, why should it matter. To most people it won’t, but to folks like me who have to support multiple users on multiple devices across a large network with a range of locations, it’ll just make my life that bit more simple and easier. And for that I am eternally grateful.

slimjim78
    Free Member

prefer cillit bang anyway.

tops5
    Free Member

Phew!! I thought this was confirming the demise of the Godfather of Hip Hop!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good, cos it screws up me internets far too often, but how can do animations an ting now?

maxray
    Free Member

“Good, cos it screws up me internets far too often”

🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flash plugin crashes far too often in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. On me Mac and me PC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Geoff, thanks. I think…..

scuttler

toby1

Elf – you’ll just need html5 in the future 🙂

singletrackhor
    Free Member

It died when adobe bought out macromedia. Adobe **** up, not enough development and too many bugs.

Steve Jobs made his inital decision to protect apples revenues. According to his article abobe were given plenty of opportunities to sort it out and failed.

Flash RIP

mrblobby
    Free Member

Won’t be sorry to see the back of flash. Surprised that adobe has stuck with it for so long as it’s probably done a lot of damage to people’s perception of adobe and their products.

geoffj

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Geoff, thanks. I think…..

Glad it’s not though!

The forum would be a much poorer place without you – honest guv!

aracer
    Free Member

So will I need HTML5block?

sharki
    Free Member

I hear different.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFnmT82yGpk[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Awww, Geoff, I’m touched.

And so I’ll be reporting you for harassment or something.

😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Flash RIP’ is closed to new replies.