Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fizik Road Shoes – How big/small do they come up?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Looking at buying a pair of Fizik R3’s online but wanted to see how they compare size wise. Currently where Shimano shoes in 45 anyone worn both and can give some guidance?

Special_ized_Jamie

Balls wrong forum!

Mods – can you move it?

Picto
    Free Member

Bought a pair of R1’s in a 44. They come up much bigger than sidi or other shoes I have (diadora and Most) which are all size 44.

I think the R1’s come up as an atual size 10 whereas the others come up as a 9. Needless to say my R1s are too big.

peteimpreza

I assume you are looking at the heavily discounted one some Merlin and Planet X?

Special_ized_Jamie

Yeah Pete I am, is there anything to be wary of?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think they size up correctly. Fairly similar to Shimano (although not all Shimano shoes size the same!)

They are definitely bigger than Sidi, I’d say similar to Giro. They have quite a roomy toe box which is great if you use shims. Still quite narrow though, like most Italian shoes.

The straps also have plenty of adjustment.

The soles are a bit thicker than alot of shoes (especially Bont and Giro)

If you have low/collapsed arches then they probably won’t work for you.

Edit – Thinking about it, I’d go half a size down from Shimano

Poggy
    Free Member

I found they size up ‘very small’ they are similar to sidi in my opinion, you’ll need a size / size & half bigger than your normal shoe size. I also found them really odd in shape, so much so that sent back… Quality is fab, but shoes are such a personal fit that everyone will find a shape etc that suits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fizik Road Shoes – How big/small do they come up?’ is closed to new replies.