Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fizik MTB shoes…expensive and, well, not great.
  • flange
    Free Member

Soooooo

I got hold of pair of Fi:zi’k M1 Uomo shoes which just happen to be THE most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. Not just cycling shoes, but any pair of shoes. They’re amazing.

Except they’re not. Second ride out, in muddy but not horrendous conditions, this happened….

Basically the rear ‘tread’ on the shoe has just fallen off. This happened at Swinley, the previous ride was in Thetford so neither well known for awful rocks and lots of walking. Which isn’t great on a £320 pair of shoes. An email has been sent to Fizik to see what the outcome will be. Will update this as and when stuff happen, so far I’ve been asked to fill out a ‘quality assurance’ form (oh teh ironing) but to be fair they replied in less than 24 hours. We’ll see….

Gotama
    Free Member

Not sure why i’m saying this given the heel has just fallen off yours but….what is the fit like? Same as you would for normal shoes or is it Shimano/Sidi one size up? Quite like the look of the M5 so might get a local shop to order a pair in as i need some new slippers.

gringojimi
    Free Member

I had a pair of Lakes and in the box was a small piece of paper with a product notice along the lines of:
    “If the tread falls off, glue it back on with silicone sealant”

Hopefully Fizik are a little more customer focused than that!

flange
    Free Member

To be fair – the fit is amazing. I’ve got custom fit shimanos and DMT’s and these trounce those by some margin.

They also seem to come up quite big, I’ve gone down a size rather than the other way, and that’s in relation to normal shoes (size 10 rather than 11). But without doubt, very very good fit for me, just a shame they’ve fallen apart.

missnotax
    Free Member

Where did you buy them from? Worth letting them know too – they might be able to help 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a pair of blingy silver road shoes. Same thing happened to mine, only difference is that it fell off in the house so I screwed it back on.

They look amazing however, so I can live with the fact they’re badly made. The alfa romeo of the shoe world I would say….

flange
    Free Member

They do look very nice don’t they.

OK, so update

Contacted Renata (I know! I’m picturing her to be a sultry Italian lady) who is sending me out a new pair via courier. They want me to box up my old pair and send them back for investigation. How good is that!

Very happy, 48hr turn around – Paligap could learn a lot!

DezB
    Free Member

£320 pair of shoes.

And to think I’ve still got Shimano shoes from the 90s that cost me about £40. 😆

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve had M5’s and M1’s this year and totally agree, they are the most comfortable fit there is.
    M5’s did 9 days at Iron Bike and survived, unlike 2 previous pairs that were not Fizik shoes!
    M1’s are perfect, lots of racing and training and no major wear. Love them!

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

how did paligap wrong you?

flange
    Free Member

Look at you stalker Mathewshotbolt!

flange
    Free Member

Those DMT’s I’ve got fell apart Matt. I’m getting sent all over at the moment so haven’t had chance to get back to drop them in at the shop. Dropped Paligap a line cos I just could post them off through work and they couldn’t have cared less!

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

not stalking just a frequent STW user!

If you get a chance, drop em in and we’ll get them back to Paligap.

flange
    Free Member

I was joking! Nice result at the weekend by the way

will do – hoping to be back this weekend so will drop in on Saturday

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Thanks mate, good to be back offroad despite my lack of fitness!

I’ll get the coffe on at the w/e

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fizik MTB shoes…expensive and, well, not great.’ is closed to new replies.