Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fitting pannier racks to bikes with no mounting tabs
  • failedengineer

Does anyone know of a good rear rack that can be fitted to a bike with no rack mounts?

wwaswas

any rack as long as you use p-clips around the stays etc.

be aware with road bikes that the tubing may be too thin to support the weight of the rack and panniers and consider one of those ones that hangs off your seatpost.

failedengineer

I almost daren’t say this, but it’s a Pace RC200 …..

Junkyard
    Free Member

those that nag of your seatpost is what I have always used. have had a fair weight in mine [ laptop and heavy books nut nort sure I would trust it for touring duties/weights.

druidh
    Free Member

Old Man Mountain do a rack (I’m pretty sure Tubus do one too) that mounts to the Q/R.

There’s also an Aussi/NZ one which sort of straps to your seat-stays. I’ll see if I can find a link….

Edit: Found it… http://www.freeload.co.nz/pages/9/Products

wwaswas
    failedengineer

Crikey! I was hoping for something for about 30 quid!

wwaswas

for £30 get a blackburn rack and some p-clips.

fasthaggis

If you use P clips ,still put a bit of lecky tape on the frame ,as grit can still scratch( had this happen on some frames)the seat stays.

Gotta luv that guy on OMM welding in his shorts 🙂

jp-t853

I got this one that someone recommended on here.

It is adjustable so it works around disc brakes as well. I use P-clips and it is rock solid. Only £13 and arrived next day. Brilliant quality to the tubes.

Pannier

I tried a post mount one and it used to move around under load. Attaching properly to the frame is a huge advantage.

ericemel
    Free Member

depending on pannier size you can consider seatpost mount too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fitting pannier racks to bikes with no mounting tabs’ is closed to new replies.