Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • fitting new 15mm lowers on older fox forks
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi ive a set of 07 floats and a set of 09 talas both qr if i were to buy the new 15mm lowers other than doing a standard full service with new seals etc do i need anything else? Just looking at it as i could stiffen up both sets of forks with new lowers for 300 quid.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

you'll need the new lowers, decals are extra, float fluid and maybe new crush washers

10mm socket, mallet and this guide kinda helps

though if the new lowers have freshly lubed foam rings you can miss that bit out

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah ive got all the fluids i need anyway and the tools just wondering if i could just bang the new lowers on the old legs

racing_ralph
    Free Member

yes you can

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers i had been looking at ways to afford your revs actually lol but due to brake fit issues i would only be able to sell my 07 float rlc to raise funds 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what brake fit issues?

crackhead
    Free Member

"other than doing a standard full service with new seals etc do i need anything else?"
    Lowers come with seals and bushings,just need fork oil and float fluid for the foam rings.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers crackhead. Rob i meant on my bikes due to mine being post mount forks and brakes but thinking then it night not be a problem if you can fit post mount brakes with an adaptor to is forks . They are getting a service tomorrow so i will have a think. I could sell my floats tho anyway to raise some will have to have a think and do some sums

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i have a 180 is – post adaptor i can throw in

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘fitting new 15mm lowers on older fox forks’ is closed to new replies.