Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • finally.my new axe (guitar ;-) as of next thursday
  • racefaceec90

good things indeed come to those who wait (have been without my own guitar/amp for over a year now) will be picking up this beauty next thursday 😀 don’t let the squier logo fool you.it is a beautifully made telecaster.i went to swindon today in the hope of being able to find one of the cv teles,and i was lucky to find it. it felt extremely well made,and when i tried it through a fender mustang 1 amp/also on my shopping list now 😉 it sounded great 😀 i must confess,when i say played the guitar in the shop,it was in actual fact,just hitting the strings with my thumb (no pick) then doing a few chords (i just totally forgot how to play the guitar 😳 the bridge pick up has a real growl to it,and the neck pickup sounded smooth 8) this will be my first proper tele (i.e with 2 s/c pick ups).man i just cannot wait to start playing it 😀 for anyone who was thinking about checking one out,i would highly recommend it (they really are great guitars for the money 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

no issue with it being a squire. using the term “axe” though ! like being back in the 70’s

matt1986
    Free Member

very nice I have a gibson melody maker myself

Northwind

Lovely… Which model is it?

(I sold my Gibson and kept my Squier, much nicer to play…)

racefaceec90

tis one of these http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php/?partno=0303025507 i (will have) paid £300 for mine (bought from a shop).you can buy them online for £273.00 though.

Northwind

Ah, thought it might be. Really top choice, lovely to get a tele with a proper modern neck on it.

meehaja
    Free Member

I have a sqiuer tele. I decided to upgrade and tried about ten fender teles, none felt or sounded any better that my squier tbh. maybe my ears are crap, but my squier is great!

Curly68
    Free Member

My son sold his Intense Tazer FS to buy a better bass. After trying a few he picked up a second hand G&L (designed by Leo Fender) in mint condition for £400 and a second hand Ibanez GSR205 for £125. He is well happy now!
    He also has a Samick bass which was made in the same Korean factory as the Squiers. That sounds lovely even though it is passive. The guys at the local music store loved it when they restrung and set it up.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Looks pretty nice that! I am not really a Fender kind of guy, but I very nearly got me a Rosewood Telecaster (absolute stunner) several years ago. Wish I had, they are worth a fortune now!

I may have to go back and have a look at some Fenders in a bit once life sorts out and perhaps I have a few quid spare! Currently I am pretty much down to my old Hammer as a working guitar (bought that many years ago as a temporary guitar after dropping my Gordon Smith just before a gig! ’99 I think it was!) as everything else has been either offloaded or broken 🙁

metalheart
    Free Member

A G&L for £400 sounds like a bargain Curly!

Tele’s rock! And nothing wrong with squiers in my book.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘finally.my new axe (guitar ;-) as of next thursday’ is closed to new replies.