• This topic has 52 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Finally finished – Build photos – My mk2 nomad
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

Thanks for all the forumites input that helped me.

here are the final shots
    very happy with it, love the colour!
    coil front and rear just over 32lbs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice bell.

rOcKeTdOg

v nice colour, just the job for riding the canals near me

deserter
    Free Member

nice fozzy,thats the colour I'd choose also

didn't fancy the tracer in the end then?

fozzybear
    Free Member

i need it to make the walkers move on the canal paths clearly!! 😀

fozzybear
    Free Member

deserter i called extra and they wanted £40 for a demo, i borrowed my brothers nomad and liked it a lot so that £40 went on a Ti coil 😉 hehe

LMT
    Free Member

Nice bike! then again you always have nice bikes! the heckler was a great bike! its a bit much for wyre forest and is there enough mud clearance?

Fozz, ive finally updated my hardtail a nice little (ok its bigger than my old bike) Orange P7

deserter
    Free Member

can't argue with that,would have peed you off buying a new shock for the tracer anyway

racing_ralph
    Free Member

£40 ti coil? from where?

fozzybear
    Free Member

Hi lee, yer sadly pimpiness is my downfall 🙂
    it is a bit much for the wyre yes, but we are going for a season to the alps next year so want something to do local rides, trail centres and the alps this fits the bill for me. overkill yes somewhat but it fits my needs for local and Alps.

mud clearance is excellent.

yer kept reading about replacing the shock that put me off somewhere.

Rofl the £40 went towards a Ti spring, it's a RCS Ti coil i got it cheaper off ebay 2nd hand. (£200 new)

knott4me
    Free Member

the weight is good & i love the colour.green rotors will look very nice.

chakaping
    Free Member

That's a very handsome bike.

fozzybear
    Free Member

thanks
    dunno why those links are dead

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cracking colour – suits it perfectly. I assume you have some suitably mental trails to unleash it on?

fozzybear
    Free Member

I'll never do it justice 🙂
    overbiked and underskilled me..

just wnt something i can rag down the alps for 2 months and still ride round here locally and trail centres and round scotland/fort will

twohats
    Free Member

I assume you have some suitably mental trails to unleash it on?

At 32lbs it'll probably be more fun to ride than these equivalent weight, gas piped, silly long travel steel hardtails that are in vogue at the moment, regardless of where he chooses to ride it 😈
    Nice bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Burn the heretic (even though he has a very good point).

Del

nice looking bike that.

i called extra and they wanted £40 for a demo, i borrowed my brothers nomad and liked it a lot so that £40 went on a Ti coil

i hope they read that and it gives 'em a wake-up call. charging for test rides doesn't help anyone, and test rides sell bikes.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Thats a nice bike fozzy, where are you basing yourselfs for two months next year, les arcs?

juiced
    Free Member

that is truley beautiful!

fozzybear
    Free Member

We are doing a full season over there, renting a place at 1800. three of us. Can't wait. just quiting my job and going.. **** it.

Nice bike – my '06 Enduro was that colour.

Needs a chunkier stem and o/s bars I reckon though.

AB
    Free Member

Nice build James, almost as nice as my old 5 Spot!

buly79
    Free Member

Haha overbiked and underskilled you aint that bad mate. Love the bike the colour choice is ace. Still not as nice as my blood though lol

Rivett
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. Get up to Eastridge to give it a thrash. There are some nice new trails. I'm enjoying the Van 36's I've fitted to my Heckler.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nice, i'll be out there for 2 weeks next june hopefully. might see you there.

fozzybear
    Free Member

yer the stem is a hard one, i like my STD clamp bars (i have some wider DH bars for the alps) but i need a 80mm STD clamp..

Cheers Alan. hope your well.. hope to see you next year.

i'm not that bad but i'm not that good too 🙂

Ian the missus is out there too, sure she'll slow down for you 😉

deserter
    Free Member

nice one about the alps trip fozzy,good on you,only one go at it and all that 😉

ianpinder
    Free Member

ideal fozzy, best come out at the start of the season so I don't have to slow her down to much

fozzybear
    Free Member

well 2 x 2 week holidays in les arcs and trips to les gets and morzine may as well do it for longer 🙂

sangobegger
    Free Member

Am I the only one to notice the dinky bell on the bars!!!!!!

mingsta
    Free Member

I don't normally get too excited about yet another pimped up FS…but that nomad is sex on a stick!!! Love the green ano…well done sir!

Having consolidated down to a Ti456, I've been resisting the urge for a Blur LT…but if its available in that color then its possibly only a matter of time…

twohats
    Free Member

sangobegger – Member

Am I the only one to notice the dinky bell on the bars!!!!!!

Well, if you'd read the second post…

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Nice bell.

Do keep up! 😀

fozzybear
    Free Member

Bell is for the alps and general rides, we have to road ride a little to get to our local woods so a ding ding is needed sometimes to remind pedestrians that they are not the only users of a road marked "pedestrians and bikes only"!

Personally i really really like my brothers Ti456. pikes and tough build with 9 speed makes it a excellent ripping machine.. would have one as a stable-mate to this any day!!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Great looking bike Fozz. They really are very good at just about everything, totally loving mine.

Glad to see you are still into the bling!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nice bike, great colour and great build. What are the brakes, and where did you get the colour matching bar end caps? (I am in need for that exact extra pimpness myself)

mingsta, the Blur LT is not available in that colour, but in "Skidmark" (seriously that's what SC call it) – really cool bronzy brown. A mate bought one recently and it's the dogs danglers

martinxyz
    Free Member

that looks really nice.

wish i could get that exact kit on frames that are over a pound lighter and get them down to just over 32lbs.

miracle scales.. where do you get them? ;O)

lovely looking bike though.

takisawa2

Very, very nice. 😀

fozzybear
    Free Member

cheers gordon. 🙂

M4 tech brakes.

bar caps are from balfa (dangerboy edt)

nothing miracle about the scales they are industrial digital CEN tested scales. The forks weighed 200grms more after the coil conversion from 2 step air.

thanks for all the nice comments.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think the idea of 5-6" hardtails is that theyr supposed to be cheeper, not lighter (and all bikes are fun so its nothing to do with that), so a 28lb hardtail might cost £1400 to build, and be not quite as capable as a £2400 full susser.

It's not stoping me dreaming about my next DIY project though, anyone got an old trailstar front end, a heckler rear end and some brazing gear going spare……..?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Finally finished – Build photos – My mk2 nomad’ is closed to new replies.