Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fiiting Bolt thru lowers to older Revs?
  • bumbly1
    Free Member

Is it possible? My Revs are U turn 100 – 130 travel and I am looking into the possibility of fitting lowers that will permit a 20mm bolt through.

Tom

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Hmm…try HERE.

J0N
    Free Member

I considered doing this to '08 revs using Pike or Argyle lowers but ended up just buying some SH Pikes.
    The pikes stantions seem to be further apart than the revs. It may just be an optical illusion as the pikes are beefier but it would not allow the two to be interchangeable. Best cheque SRAM site for dimensions.

gamo
    Free Member

Sure this has been done and discussed over on
    mtbr.

bumbly1
    Free Member

I did try TFT but the guy did not sound "convincing", he reckoned it could not be done.

Mike
    Free Member

Can be done with Reba/Recon/Tora 20mm lowers…Pike/Rev ones wont work

bumbly1
    Free Member

Cheers Mike, now where to find some!

Tom

Northwind

I spoke to TF, they thought it could be done but recommended against it on cost. The price of the lowers alone was going to be more than selling my forks and buying maxle ones. They were quite right tbh.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Thats weird as 2009 20mm revs use a rev upper CSU and a pike lower, also my mate did it with some pikes and and old revs

robkhoo
    Free Member

I've fitted the older type of Reba 29er lowers to a set of Pike uppers, so there is a fair bit of interchangeability between different forks. As far as I can tell all the 32mm forks have / had the same stanchion spacing.

Northwind

OK, since I have both older 130mm QR revs and 2009-model 140mm maxle revs in the garage I thought I might as well measure them. They're too wide for my calipers so I could only get a fairly close measurement, +/1 a couple of mm probably, but the leg spacing seems to be identical

bumbly1
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind (and others), not quite sure what to do now!!

Tom

angryratio
    Free Member

I's been done.. local lads who jump create all manner of franken forks..
    32mm rockshox seem to mostly be interchangable. Hence the "Parglyes" on pinkbike photos.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fiiting Bolt thru lowers to older Revs?’ is closed to new replies.