• This topic has 106 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Fighting cancer…today is tough
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Be brave, be strong and be positive.

X

Coyote
    Free Member

The hive mind is behind you.

Good luck buddy and take inspiration from Bullheart. It can be done.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Don’t know quite what to say, but hope it all goes well. Stay positive, and good luck.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Have a good journey.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Chin up, be strong, never give in.

Sandwich

Keep on, keeping on. We’ve a small but excellent track record here.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member

Keep on, keeping on. We’ve a small but excellent track record here.

If you’re referring to the forum members, there’s some truly inspirational people on here

mogrim

Not much to add, either – good luck!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

All i can say is good luck to you and yours over the coming weeks.

danti

Thoughts and healing wishes (for after the op).

Stay strong and positive fella 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Stay positive and fight the b@stard.

Good luck, loads of good vibes being sent your direction.

But most of all the positivity bit. It is really important!

busydog
    Free Member

Wishing you the strength, perserverance and the best in the battle–fight the good fight.
    I think you have the support of the entire STW community behind you.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thoughts are with you and good luck.

andyl
    Free Member

fingers crossed for you

mrchrispy

Others have already said it but I agree….6 weeks in brum are going to be shite (you’ll ace that cancer bollocks, don’t worry about that). Good luck!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I can’t really say anything that hasn’t been already said… really inspirational and puts a lot of the mundane day to day stuff most of us have to deal with in perspective. You’re an inspiration mate – best of luck to you and yours…. you’ve obviously got the right attitude!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

God bless and keep your chin up, plenty of sincere and kind words in this thread to keep you motivated and probably plenty of strangers who’d jump in their car right now so they could stand by your side through this. Stay strong and love to your family.

Drillski
    Free Member

nuff said allready
    plough on, chin up, we’re all here whenever you need us….
    Good times are good. Bad times are bad. You get ’em both, but you don’t get to choose when….. all you get to choose is what you do with them.

Drillski
    Free Member

on a practical note, get yourself some “Difflam” mouthrinse and mouthspray prescribed ready, as head and neck RT can be a bit of a bugger for causing mouth and throat ulcers that can be very unpleasant and uncomfortable, and the Difflam is very good for symptomatic relief. Any issues getting any then contact me direct, details in profile.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Damn!! That’s harsh mate 🙁 I seriously hope you kick its arse!!!
    Remember STW is here for venting etc.
    Stay strong 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Keep strong and damage that cancer. Best wishes for you and your family at this tough time.

bullheart
    Free Member

Mornin’!

How are you today? I was thinking about you over the weekend. Not in an inappropriate manner, mind you…

Hope you and the family are well fella,

BH

monkey_boy
    Free Member

good luck!

thanks for posting this, its made me stop, think and put my life into perspective and stop moaning about cr*p!

cakefest
    Free Member

I’m doing good thanks. Back home after two nights in a great hotel on the Welsh coast, just outside Aberdovey, with my wife and son Rowan.

We walked on the beach, chased one another to the sea, took loads of photos, ate good food, taught Rowan my son how to play Monopoly, swam in the hotel pool, chatted to loads of the old folks who were staying there, watched telly in bed, putted on the putting green in with a massive sea view. Really good times were had.

Felt sick and anxious on the journey home as it’s my final pre-op meeting on Wednesday at the Royal Marsden. But getting home we’ve regrouped and gone through my questions and things are feeling better.

Tonight I’ve read some more on a couple of Head and Neck cancer forums about people living with their cancer and fighting it on a day to day level. There are plenty of us out there, that’s for sure.

Heading out on the bike tomorrow morning in the bone dry, yellow-leaved Mortimer Forest. Can’t wait.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

There’s a good blog which I read called wildrossendale. Have a good ride!

macpuppy
    Free Member

Barkstrong my friend !

groof woof yip gruff awoooooooooooo

Earl
    Free Member

Very similar situation to a good friend of mine. The surgeon said one of the main reasons he survived the whole thing was because he was so incredibly bike fit.

Good stuff bikes!

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Fighting cancer…today is tough’ is closed to new replies.