Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fiat Bravo or Skoda Fabia
  • chalkstorm
    Free Member

Well – the time has come to get something more economical….

Have test driven a Bravo (the 1.6 diesel eco – claimed 76.3 max MPG) – and a Fabia (3 cylinder diesel – same top MPG).

Fiat was a much nicer car – to look at, sit in and drive.

Anyone able to offer an opinion on either?

Cheers

fruitbat

I’m a bit biased here I have been running a Bravo 150 T-Jet Sport for 3 years and it’s really very good. Reliability has been OK in my opinion – gear cables have been replaced twice due to water contamination (it freezes up in winter and you can’t change gear!).

I know it’s not exactly comparable with the diesel model you’re considering but dynamically it will be similar. There are no creaks and groans, contrary to most folk’s expectations.

As for the Fabia with a 3 cylinder diesel – surely that’s going to vibrate your teeth out!

anagallis_arvensis

My mums got the 3 cyclinder fabia, nice enough to drive, goes fast enough for me. Ugly as sin though, especially her estate version.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Again I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2 petrol have had it 8 years no problems, had it’s 100,000 mile service recently and breezed through. I lie it to drive, it has been cheap to run, ie insuance, petrol etc. So not quite the same but basically it has been VERY reliable.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Fabia.

Close thread

Marge
    Free Member

Having driven both; Fabia Fabia Fabia

ivantate
    Free Member

Both are normal and competent cars. Fiat will probably depreciate slightly more and also have some niggles but it is larger, better looking and with the 1600 tdi likely to give good economy all round. The fabia with the small engine will be amzing economy for pottering about but when pushed slightly harder will use more fuel.

Punto Evo is more of a competitor for the Fabia, which I suppose shows what a bargain the bravo is.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Thanks guys

Have driven both – and the Bravo was a much better car (as mentioned). Fabia was noisy, basic & not as comfortable.

Decision will be based simply on reliability – and I know Skoda’s are reliable – but they also outsell the Bravo by a fair amount. In all the ‘online reviews’ – they are fairly equal. I’m hoping the Fiat of old (reliability) is long gone.

Heart is saying ‘bravo’. Had VW and Audi’s in the past (driven 250k miles in them) – and the reliability isn’t what is made out to be (IMHO).

Appreciate your comments though….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I was also told it was hard to get replacement parts for Fiat’s when I bought 8 years ago, mind it sounds like you had already decided prior to asking STW the question!!!! “heart” is saying bravo .. as is the fact that basically you hated the Skoda! Why buy a car you dislike??

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Nope – hadn’t decided – just had a preference… If you’d all come back saying Fiat’s were crap then I’d have had to think very carefully about it….

🙄

argyle
    Free Member

Fabia. I have a TDI sport and it’s ace.

Why ask though if you are set on a Bravo?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mrs FD had an 08 plate Polo with the 3 cylinder TDi engine. Fuel economy was ok but not great as you had to rag it to get it to go any where. Not the smoothest engine in the world, a bit lacking on power but ok. As a package the Polo drove awful, in fact it put us off VW completely!

Even the sales people slagged off the 3 cylinder engine.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Why ask though if you are set on a Bravo?

If you’d all come back saying Fiat’s were crap then I’d have had to think very carefully about it…

That’s why!

Thanks… 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Look here, a very good site.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/

The Fiat gets a very good report.

grunty
    Free Member

Fix
    It
    Again
    Tomorrow

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shonky
    Kraut
    Otherwise
    Dull
    Auto

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Bravo or Skoda Fabia’ is closed to new replies.