Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fatbike and 29 plus?
  • oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m currently running a rigid fatbike with 4″ Jumbo Jims which works well out here in the French alps, does most of what I need in the winter . I’ve got a couple of bike packing events lined up in the summer and potentially a ‘raid’ or two at the end of the year (long distance XC style events) so I’m looking at getting a set of 29 plus wheels built up (50mm carbon rims on fat hubs 150/197) to run 2.8 tyre (ican Chinese most likely) . Anyone got any experience running 29+ in a Fatbike frame or any thoughts on this set up? . Currently rigid fork but might try a Bluto in the spring.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

29+ is quite a bit bigger than 4″ fat (a 4.8″ will fit in a Bluto, a 29×3 barely does), so expect the BB to rise by about 1″. It’s closer to 29×2.2, or a big 27.5×3.

oysterkite
    Free Member

The frame can take 5″ wheels so I’m thinking clearance should be ok but useful to know it might be a bit tight with a Bluto fork and 29+

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy

Yes on A salsa Mukluk with the alternator drop outs swung back. Rides brilliantly

Oh and 29 plus Chronicle fits in a Bluto fine

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Out of interest slotted my 29plus wheel into my Dune a couple of nights ago, front will work with enough clearance but rear was just too tall and hit the seatstay bridge, may work with a slightly shallower tyre though (Fat B Nimble maybe), I was trying my 29 x 3.25 Bulldozer in it though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike and 29 plus?’ is closed to new replies.